• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

G30 spay

I've been quoted considerably more for the G30 green and purple from the recommended Car Colour Services than earlier purchasers in this thread. The explanation of expensive purple tinter was given so maybe they had a previous supply that was cheaper or earlier buyers just got lucky.

Anyhow, price currently given was £210 + VAT for a 1 litre tin of premixed G30 with the code previous posters has used.

Any suggestions for other options please?

I'm afraid it's about right. I had a touch up made up for mine and it cost me £25.
A can of spray would have been £75.
Its a very expensive paint.

I had Reading Paint Services (just off the Oxford Road towards Tilehurst station) make me up a 0.5L tin of G30 Mystic Black around 3 weeks back, which specifically included the purple and green tints.

This was used by a local bodyshop to repaint my passenger side lower door trims and the colour match is fantastic - it even behaves exactly as expected in direct sunlight.

The cost was £35 for the tin.

Very useful thread. Thanks all. Placed an order today with car color services for 1 aerosol, just over £30 including next day delivery. Painting the rear number plate surround and the LPG filler.

More information:

You do need to phone them and not just order on-line to be sure that you get the correct G30 with purple and not just the green

This is the info on the spray can..
Hi mate. Great work. I’ve just phoned and when I mention my address(South Yorkshire) he just stopped abruptly and said ‘oh you gotta order that online thought you were local’ 😳🤷‍♂️. I then cannot find the code on their site.
Also, I only want to touch some chips up before selling the van so wanted a ready made rattle with no lacquer. Did you get one requiring lacquer? Or is that an all in but you only get so long to use before it’s gone off in the can? Sorry for all questions. 😂.
Literally just a few chip marks I want to cover so easiest option wanted.

I've got an unused spare spay can of G30 if anyone's looking ?

Hi mate. Great work. I’ve just phoned and when I mention my address(South Yorkshire) he just stopped abruptly and said ‘oh you gotta order that online thought you were local’ 😳🤷‍♂️. I then cannot find the code on their site.
Also, I only want to touch some chips up before selling the van so wanted a ready made rattle with no lacquer. Did you get one requiring lacquer? Or is that an all in but you only get so long to use before it’s gone off in the can? Sorry for all questions. 😂.
Literally just a few chip marks I want to cover so easiest option wanted.
Hi,

I just called them and they said the same, I just put the code in the form and paid for 5 cans at £15 each let's see what they send... Their customer service seems to be nonexistent as he just took the pee on the phone.

Hi,

I just called them and they said the same, I just put the code in the form and paid for 5 cans at £15 each let's see what they send... Their customer service seems to be nonexistent as he just took the pee on the phone.
To be fair to them, they've just called back and said it's a bit more expensive and we're much better this time and checked it was right paint etc.. about £25 a can.

I’ve had success in the past matching an old Mazda, try these people

I've got an unused spare spay can of G30 if anyone's looking ?
Hi - do you still have this? I have a scratch 3-4 inch scratch I need to touch up…

Hi @RossB, thought I'd responded to this .... so sorry. Have you got yourself sorted ?

Back