• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

North East Fuel protest tonight A1

Seems all a bit daft to me, don't see how holding up traffic and wasting fuel will achieve anything, almost as bad as the mad people sticking their hands to the road.

Seems all a bit daft to me, don't see how holding up traffic and wasting fuel will achieve anything, almost as bad as the mad people sticking their hands to the road.
Because the organisers fancied a 30mph jaunt down the A1 with their mates :laughing:

Fine ££££ (or prison depending on your history) AND the cost of the fuel. Easy caught if number plate is spotted.
And even worse if repeat offender when they take your Elgrand off you.🤔
Just get it lpg converted 🥳
I only ever once 'drove off' and it was by accident / absent minded.

Years ago, I'd probably put around £20 worth of 4 star in my Sapphire Cosworth (not filled it to the top) and put a few quids worth in a fuel container for the lawn mower. Other things on my mind at the time, and also filling the lawn mower container confused me a bit more with my mind already on other things... I'd been thinking about did I need to ask their permission to fill the container / pay in advance etc. Had filled the car first then the container. Think I had it in my head that I'd been in and paid for the car fuel and asked their permission to fill the container, I'd already been thinking (I dunno why) that they might ask me to pay in advance for filling the container. Can't really fully explain what happened only that my mind was on other things. After filling both I set off and drove home less than a mile away without paying, thought I had paid. Same evening the police phoned me at home on the landline 'Do you own X vehicle sir'. 'Yes'. Cold sweat now because I'd recently been out giving it some real stick at not legal speeds and I assumed they were phoning me about that lol. 'Did you fill up at Y petrol station and drive off without paying'. Then I felt a sigh of relief and couldn't help laughing down the phone a bit.. I realised what had happened, they were not about to do me for driving at silly speeds etc, I'd just forgotten to pay for my fuel lol. 'Sorry I didn't realise I hadn't paid, can I go down and pay them now'. 'Yes'. (Phew! lol). 'Why are you laughing'? 'Because its a fast car and I've been driving it fast, I thought you were phoning me about driving fast'. Even the police officer thought that was funny lol. I went straight back to the garage and paid, tail between my legs, kiosk staff giving me stern looks as though I'd tried to get away with it. My sister had worked at that forecourt just after she'd left university and not long before this happened lol. If I had ever intended on doing a runner without paying for fuel it would have been the last forecourt I'd have tried it.

Last edited:
I had a manager at work who lived up Newcastle way but worked in Yorkshire during the week & stayed with family & returned home every Friday
Well for ages he was adding black tape to his number plate to alter the reg , filling up & doing a runner - he got caught eventually!!

I had a manager at work who lived up Newcastle way but worked in Yorkshire during the week & stayed with family & returned home every Friday
Well for ages he was adding black tape to his number plate to alter the reg , filling up & doing a runner - he got caught eventually!!
In 1975? :laughing:

It was about 10 years ago Simon
Fella was a complete crackpot , did sod all work , but he was entertaining & good comedy value .. until he got caught . 👮🏻‍♀️ ⛽😂😂

What in Bob
A kid filling up next to me the other week just drove off and I thought fair enough I'm gonna be seeing that a lot!
don't think the police are all that interested in drive offs these days, used to be all over it when i was a kid working in a shell garage.
The police aren't interested in fck all when it comes to shoplifting or break-ins, they know that every time they arrest some scrote for robbing your shed the little rat-boy will have a half decent solicitor on legal aid using every sob story in the book.

Doing motorists @Photomarkr m8, it's the future of policing......

It was weeks before they knew who he was, by the time the photo of his number plate came back from Boots and they thumbed through the filing cabinet he was long gone...

Back