• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

Fuel Economy

What capacity are the fuel tanks on.the Elgrands?

What capacity are the fuel tanks on.the Elgrands?

Around 72 litres iirc.

The 93litre (actual capacity) LPG tank I fit on Elgrands holds 85 litres (net, allowing room for expansion) of LPG... More range on LPG than range on petrol, over double the range of a standard Elgrand. But with an LPG conversion the usual idea is to run on LPG as much of the time as possible (avoid running on petrol) because LPG is half price of petrol. Although some owners have also valued the additional range highly.

Last edited:
Around 72 litres iirc.

The 93litre (actual capacity) LPG tank I fit on Elgrands holds 85 litres (net, allowing room for expansion) of LPG... More range on LPG than range on petrol, over double the range of a standard Elgrand. But with an LPG conversion the usual idea is to run on LPG as much of the time as possible (avoid running on petrol) because LPG is half price of petrol. Although some owners have also valued the additional range highly.

Stupid question but where do you fit the LPG tank?

Reading through some of this thread - I would like to fit a throttle controller to my 2007 HWS - its the 2.5 engine. Can anyone advise if the listed types on well known auction site, as "plug&play" work with this engine ? - or are they really only suited to the 3.5 engine ?
My bus is running well , no issues but just want some more buttons to play with....!

Hi the E51 On this club sight spares guy sells them £105/15 . He says Easy to fit . I have bought one for my3.5 . Haven’t fitted it yet due to lack of time but looks quite easy if you have small hands !

hi
5.5km/l are bad/normal or good????
3.5 2005 Elgrand
thank you

I would say normal for XL AWD that why I had LPG installed as i do a lot of small journeys

LPG tank goes on the underside in place of spare wheel
Very stupid question but does the spare wheel then go somewhere else or do you just do without one. My last car didn't have a spare wheel just needed a recovery van when they blew!!

Very stupid question but does the spare wheel then go somewhere else or do you just do without one. My last car didn't have a spare wheel just needed a recovery van when they blew!!
Go without or carry one on long journey in the back,or get some tyre weld

My tractor (3.2 diesel) devours: 16.8 MPG in the city, including traffic jams. on the highway 20 MPG. there is a larger rubber (235/70 p16). Is that a lot for you?) . Is that a lot for you?)

Back