OK so update, I've spent an hour messing around with the installation and it's 95% done
. 4 bolts a 2 springs to attach and the middle seat will be back in the bus
.
yes please! all the help you can give I'm trying to reinstall for the weekend and have no idea how to slot them inMassive thank you to everyone that helped.
The seat has now been reinstalled and it's actually a pretty straight forward process.
I've taken pictures of each stage, if anyone needs help feel free to contact me.
Sent you a PM this morningyes please! all the help you can give I'm trying to reinstall for the weekend and have no idea how to slot them in
how do you get the hook to reconnect? i was at it for ages and still couldnt get them in fully....Your have to lift the rails up . Thereโs a bolt that holds a metal cap on the end of the rails.. remove that and then you can slide the runners into the rail.. use a screw driver to lift the locking mechanism.. once you have the runners in replace the locking bolt and clamp and redux the rail to the floor .. fitting the seats to the runners is straight forward itโs getting the Z linkage from the seat to the locking mechanism on runners is a bit tricky ..
Iโm memory serves me right get the bottom part on first then push the top bit into the plastic holder on the seat ..how do you get the hook to reconnect? i was at it for ages and still couldnt get them in fully....
well, im trying to do the reverse process, which is to take the middle seat OUT - i was thinking of doing it by unbolting the seat and leaving the runners in place, but starting to think it might be easier to slide the whole kit'n'kaboodle out. is there anyway I can get a hold of those pictures, Im sure they'd be a big help!Massive thank you to everyone that helped.
The seat has now been reinstalled and it's actually a pretty straight forward process.
I've taken pictures of each stage, if anyone needs help feel free to contact me.
You wonโt be able to slide out the runners without releasing the rails and taking the stop pin out of the end of them ..well, im trying to do the reverse process, which is to take the middle seat OUT - i was thinking of doing it by unbolting the seat and leaving the runners in place, but starting to think it might be easier to slide the whole kit'n'kaboodle out. is there anyway I can get a hold of those pictures, Im sure they'd be a big help!
Hi, good post, could you share your technique on fitting the Z rods, I โve had trouble with them.Also can we buy the end clips and the plastic elbows ? Do we need a special tool. Does anyone have some spare plasters? Ouch !Well, thought Iโd add my findings to the thread in case it helps any future folks. We have just purchased an E51 and the middle seats and runners were removed, similar to Croxyโs scenario. Following the advice I found in this thread I spent last eve putting the runners and seats back in. Fun! Not horrible, but not great either.
First thing of note, there are several bolts holding the rails to the floor. I mean it makes sense, but couldnโt find any beyond the very end one, so just figured they were held down with magic or something. It wasnโt until my 3rd runner that I found another bolt about 10โ away on the side of the rail tucked tightly under the carpet. That made it a whole bunch easier to pry them up to get the runner in.
The next learning was a doozy though. While putting the first of the two seats in I didnโt know which one went in which side, so after looking around at some pictures online and the manual, I found that the back/slider adjuster lever and the arm rest go toward the door. Perfect. But when I did that I realized the seats are offset to one side and in order to get mine cantilevered toward the door I had to put the arm rest toward the middle. Which made a bit of sense because the front seats have their arms rests toward the middle. All good. But didnโt feel right. Took me a looonnng time this eve over a couple more hours, swapping the seats again, and then back again, and then back again (donโt ask, it was a long night!) to realize that the previous owner spun the seats backwards before he removed them. So once I put them in rear-facing it all fell into place. But suffice it to say, Iโm getting pretty good at attaching those damn Z-rods!!
I can try! I found some of the Z rods slipped in easily and others were a bit of a nightmare. I tried putting the z-clip in first before bolting the seats in (didnโt work great). I tried putting the bottom of the clip in first then trying to fit it into the plastic elbow (didnโt work). For the really tough ones I had the most success by using a c-clamp to press them in. I had a little nylon spacer (a nut would work) that allowed the z-rod end to push through without hitting the c-clamp. I also found that a long 16โ flathead screwdriver worked to flex the mechanism into alignment with the z-clips.Hi, good post, could you share your technique on fitting the Z rods, I โve had trouble with them.Also can we buy the end clips and the plastic elbows ? Do we need a special tool. Does anyone have some spare plasters? Ouch !
Dave E51 Bristol.
Yep 4 bolts 10min job, you should have the bolts with the seatsI would like to reinstall 2nd row middle seat, the runners have been left in the van. Does the seat just bolt on with 4 bolts? Previous owner did not provide the bolts, any ideas as to what I should order? E51 2004.
Sadly they didn't provide boltsYep 4 bolts 10min job, you should have the bolts with the seats![]()
Sadly they didn't provide bolts. Any idea on size or length?
Iโll whip one out on Sunday see if I can measure it.Sadly they didn't provide bolts. Any idea on size or length?