• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

Ensuring the Future of EOC - 10 Post Rule

But doesn’t it make it a little cliquey? Using terms like “guests” and freeloaders won’t attract new members.

Hi Karl I found EOC via an internet search engine which was free, some of the technical info this forum provides is NOT available outside without having to pay for it and can / does save those who use EOC money.

I have been in the motor industry for over 40 years, if you want technical information from any of the car - truck manufacturers web sites “you pay for it” even Haines etc do it. I will happily become a premium member for £12 👍 (People need to realise that a lot of owners clubs are made up of volunteers who dedicate a lot of their own free time and money to administrate the site so every change will incur more time and effort from you guys)

Maybe when u pay membership u should be sent a car sticker as like when u join a working men's club or suchlike u get a clubcase! Just a suggestion

I hope people aren't reading this thread the wrong way. This is how I read it

EOC has always & will always be FREE

The only change will be new members will have to register & login to view the forum & people who are not registered will be unable to view the site.

Premium membership will remain totally optional. Nobody will be put under pressure to pay for premium membership. But if you feel the forum has helped you with extra knowledge or saved you a few quid along the way you might want to become a premium member.

By the way, if I am ever able to contribute to a members thread I don't even look if they are premium members or not :)

I'm totally reading it the right way and fully agree with the changes,just think it would be good to receive a token sticker like a membership card to display and to say you are a paid up member of the club.

I hope people aren't reading this thread the wrong way. This is how I read it

EOC has always & will always be FREE

The only change will be new members will have to register & login to view the forum & people who are not registered will be unable to view the site.

Premium membership will remain totally optional. Nobody will be put under pressure to pay for premium membership. But if you feel the forum has helped you with extra knowledge or saved you a few quid along the way you might want to become a premium member.

By the way, if I am ever able to contribute to a members thread I don't even look if they are premium members or not :)
This 👍👌🍻

Just to reiterate a key point here :)

This forum will continue to be free, no payments required :)

Premium membership is completely optional and is only there if members wish to help keep the club running :)

This thread is not asking for money or trying to pursuade members to go premium but massive thanks to all those that have.

As for the 'guest' label, that is he erated by the forum software and is for anyone who views the forum without registering. These are the people we're reaching out to and all we're asking is register for free and post a little on the forum :)

Thanks to everyone on here for their show of support! It's you guys that make this club awesome!

THANK YOU! :D

Just to reiterate a key point here :)

This forum will continue to be free, no payments required :)

Premium membership is completely optional and is only there if members wish to help keep the club running :)

This thread is not asking for money or trying to pursuade members to go premium but massive thanks to all those that have.

As for the 'guest' label, that is he erated by the forum software and is for anyone who views the forum without registering. These are the people we're reaching out to and all we're asking is register for free and post a little on the forum :)

Thanks to everyone on here for their show of support! It's you guys that make this club awesome!

THANK YOU! :D
Well said @Madfish, I personally paid for premium membership because I received so much advice as a newbie to elgrands and to the club that I thought it a minuscule amount of money for the help,respect and banter I had received. It was entirely my choice and I felt no pressure to do this. I would like to suggest to anybody who is not a member reading this thread to register for free, ask your questions, join in the conversations and enjoy it!

No and it's bots will still be allowed to do their work on here... That side of things won't chage

I'm totally reading it the right way and fully agree with the changes,just think it would be good to receive a token sticker like a membership card to display and to say you are a paid up member of the club.

I like that idea @Cliff goodwin - I could do with a club sticker :)

I think a £1.... that's one squid, a nicker a month to have these resources at ur fingertips 24/7 is unbelievably cheap considering what's there, along with helpful staff and members. What can u get for a quid these days. It also helps keep the forum going.... not to make a massive profit but help break even.

I was just aiming at a one off payment buddy not a monthly subscription albeit that would not be a bad idea in my book.

Maybe when u pay membership u should be sent a car sticker as like when u join a working men's club or suchlike u get a clubcase! Just a suggestion

Suggestion taken on board...

We're always looking at ways to improve membership experience..

Thanks

This is such a difficult one. I joined because I wanted to grab as much info as possible before buying an Elgrand, something I still haven't done. I have found a great deal of info here that I probably would never have found, which ultimately will mean I eventually buy an Elgrand. There are huge positives in a free and open site, one of them is traffic. Can we not look into some advertising to fund the essentials?
We would not need to do that buddy if everyone upgraded to Premium membership which is optional of course.:p

I like the idea. I know I don't partake as much as I should so I can't really say much about this but I do think it is a really good idea. If anyone new wanted info they cannot get hold of they would HAVE to ask which may just get them interacting more and happy to pay premium. It's only 12 quid, come on. You run an Elgrand. Just do 12 less miles a YEAR that will prob pay for it lol. ( I also think premium should be at least 20 quid)
Have you paid £20 then buddy and started the ball rolling???:p a packet of fags less a week and or a couple of beers would suffice albeit I doubt the pissheads and smokers would agree on that one:p:p:p:p

It is a difficult balance as Karl says you want the interest but the trade off for operational bandwidth due to freeloaders is a killer.

I've said before I've little technical knowledge to offer the club and its members but paying £12 was nothing in comparison to what I've saved and gained from the members and if 'guests' take a look at themselves I'd hope they'd come to the same conclusions. What's £12 get you these days.

I think the plan is quite fair lets them in for a try before you buy, but if you don't buy don't expect a free lunch.
Thing is mate most of them do take the try before you buy option, get what they want then bugger off.:confused:

Yes this was the case in my other Elgrand club I used to be in a few years ago. Great idea. Gives folk a sense of belonging straight away with the window sticker and welcome pack info.

Back