• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

ElgrandOC Financials - New Treasurers Appointed

Sounds like all the trouble comes from Facebook side. Answer is delete it! Facebook is lame and attracts idiots. Forums are always politer and more refined.
The best answer to the problems imo,i hate faceshit as it is,ok for personal stuff like keeping in touch with family and close friends,club wise nah..we can have just as much if not better banter on here hence the chat box,and lets face it,with the OC shitbook page gone,traffic here can only go up and have people actually looking for the info they need,if they cant then use the chat box for help where a link can be given ;)

Almost forgot...how many people go in the bank and ask what do they do with their money? 000000000000000000000000000000.1%
Ive been on this side of the fence as well Karl,shit i have even posted up invoices ect for all to see so there is no slight of hand goings on,but meh big thumbs up on the treasury...

Last edited:
I pay my £12 for access to this forum and thats what I've got - exactly where and how that £12 is spent is not any of my business (and shouldn't be anyone else's either).

@Karl and all those others who contribute their time, effort and enthusiasm to this club, I thank you all most sincerely. 👍👏❤️

There are at least 40 replies on this that are totally supportive of the club, the staff team, Karl and Pippa. I am no expert but it is my guess that we already out number the idiots, haters and winers, without all the hundreds of other members who may not have been on here for a couple of days and are yet to let their opinion be heard, lets just forget the idiots and allow the club to carry on as it has with people who enjoy the forum and all that it offers. Forgot to add I still think a quid a month is good value!

What a joke it is, some people and their attitude. If they don’t have trust then just Leave the club/forum, why troubling the admin and rest of the group!!! I started looking on this forum an Year before I actually got the car. Always find it useful and was so happy to pay that £12 for membership.

I think you should take a wage @Karl no matter how small or large.

Infact someone set up pints@elgrandoc.uk PayPal and when you pay membership people can opt in a few quid extra into the pint fund for the admins.

Have you seen how much our admins can drink. That account would be big enough to pay off the national debt to Keep them in alcohol

All worth it imo, good to have named treasury but shouldn't have come to this as surely not a business? More s non profit organisation. Onwards and upwards
P s only a few days left to buy your JDM combe tickets 😉

Wouldn't have bothered me at all if the admin were getting a little pocket money from running the forum.. ffs You run a valuable service which I am happy to purchase from.
@Karl i have known you long enough to say you are a very honest guy and I count you as a good friend, you shouldn't rise to the recent comments! its what these arse holes want.. Take it in your stride big man.. ❤️

Well ownership of club funds is now controlled. I've had to bring my parents over from the Isle of man to fund my alcohol addiction now.

Why the fuck would I steal from a car club when I have alcoholic parents with disposable income 😂

Nah, never had any concerns about how the money is spent. Worth every penny. I know it's a lot of work running this, and wouldn't change my opinion if you were getting paid.

Unfortunately, the world is full of twats and they seem to congregate on the internet...

Ignore them, you're better than that.

The information gleaned from this club saved me wasting my money on a duff Elgrand I was looking at and steered me towards the belter I have now and hence I was more than happy to pay for premium membership for that fact alone.

My year is nearly up and whilst I don’t always make comments I’m constantly having a look at peoples uploads and chats ect it would not bother me if it was £24 a year to be quite honest and as to where those funds went I really don’t care just hope in the near future we can vote people out that make stupid accusations keep up the good work Karl buy you a pint one day mate 👍🏻

I also assumed my £12 (AUD$23.13 😊) went directly to Karl to cover the hosting fees, event fees/insurances and his time. I don't work for free, why should he?

It took me all of about a week to realise it was well worth paying for premium membership, even though I won't be able to attend any of the functions that money goes towards. My money goes to Karl to be spent however he sees fit. I'm a little disappointed if he ISN'T having a pint out of it. Now that everything is official, I vote that the yearly admin Xmas party is also budgeted for

I also assumed my £12 (AUD$23.13 😊) went directly to Karl to cover the hosting fees, event fees/insurances and his time. I don't work for free, why should he?

It took me all of about a week to realise it was well worth paying for premium membership, even though I won't be able to attend any of the functions that money goes towards. My money goes to Karl to be spent however he sees fit. I'm a little disappointed if he ISN'T having a pint out of it. Now that everything is official, I vote that the yearly admin Xmas party is also budgeted for
You could always organise your own meets down there, plenty of antipodeans in the EOC. We could send stickers.

unnamed.jpeg

Back