• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

Wales Elgrandfest 2022 Wales

HI, did you have any luck with the difference between the Mercedes vito, I think it's a 973-14 kit as to the Elgrand 973-18 kit as I'm having the same problem, can't get an 18 any where.
Regards, Neil
About 2 years or so ago I bought a Thule 973 bike rack second hand on e-bay.
The fitting kit that came with it was for I think a Mercedes Vito and not the 18 fitting kit that is required for an Elgrand.
At the time there were plenty of 18 fitting kits available but not needing to use it I put off buying one.
Anyway it now seems that the Thule 973 bike rack has been discontinued and I cant seem to find a 18 fitting kit anywhere.
Looking at the fitting kit that I have and comparing it with pictures of the 18 kit on the internet it looks like the one i have has got the same angle bend but the legs are longer so I think that I could cut it down slightly to make it work.
What I am hoping is that someone is coming might have a 18 fitting kit that they could bring along for me to use as a template to mark my fitting kit out as I don't want to guess if I can help it and cut too short.

HI, did you have any luck with the difference between the Mercedes vito, I think it's a 973-14 kit as to the Elgrand 973-18 kit as I'm having the same problem, can't get an 18 any where.
Regards, Neil
Hi Neil, sorry no luck yet, was hoping to see a 18 kit in the flesh so I could use it as a template side by side with the fitting kit that I have but if not will just have to take a flyer and cut mine down using pictures form the internet as a guide.

The ANPR bollard is at the campsite now so I will need everyone’s Names, numbers and car Regs so you are booked in correctly as I will be messaging with their plot number in the next few days. :)

The ANPR bollard is at the campsite now so I will need everyone’s Names, numbers and car Regs so you are booked in correctly as I will be messaging with their plot number in the next few days. :)
Hi Lisa, just messaged my details to you, see you soon. Kev :party: :party:

Just messaged you with my details

Kramer
WU07FFD
Unfortunately, we may only be able to make the afternoon/early evening on the Saturday now as Charlotte is playing her violin in a concert on the Sunday and needs to be back for setting up. Still be good to pop along and meet up with everyone.

Hope those side steps will be fully fitted by then

Back