• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

Yorkshire Elgrand musical jam and Sunday dinner meet in Sheffield

headless (RIP)

Rock Star
E50 Owner
Reaction score
First Name
Ellis

UPDATE....RAPPERFRAPPER HAS BEEN IN TOUCH WITH ME AND HE'S REALISED IT'S MOTHERS DAY THAT DAY, SO CAN WE MAKE IT THE SUNDAY BEFORE, SO THAT MAKES IT SUNDAY 8TH MARCH INSTEAD, thanks for your patience!!!!!!
Sunday carvery is £4.99!!!!!

Hello matey peeps, this is further to a thread that got legs on the facebook page after Rapper Frapper posted a piccy of his drumkit and we found quite a few of us were musicians!!!!! :dance3:

So here's the deal, we are hoping to have this meet either end of February or all of March on a Sunday afternoon at THE MILESTONE PUB at Crystal Peaks Shopping centre, south Sheffield, I've aquired the use of the back room for the meet where we can set up and have a jam session with as many of us that want to come along and in addition have a slap up Sunday lunch into the bargain, you don't even have to play, you can come along just to watch or even just come for the lunch and it's another excuse to get together with fellow Elgranders :yahoo:

So for now all I need is intentions to come and what date suits best or maybe your not fussy on date, and if you are playing, watching having lunch or just coming along for a meetup :party:

The details about what songs are gonna be played etc can be sorted later with plenty of time for people to have a practice before the meet, my band YOUR NEXT will host the day and supply all the equipment, amps, PA, microphones, speakers and maybe a drumkit unless Rapper Frapper is gonna bring his, as it was his piccy that started all of this :laugh:
So get posting and hopefully it will be something a bit different and be a fantastic day :drinks:

1/ headless - Guitar/Vocals - Skill level debateable - Food YES
2/ rapperfrapper - Drums - Skill level Epic - Food YES
3/ Karl - Guitar - Skill level non existent - Food YES
4/ Gobby - (podium dancer)
5/ BMR - Food YES - Observer?
6/ clocky280 - Food YES - talent NOTE :laugh:

I'm in. Right then, let's get a list going.

Put me down as a maybe if it is in March, need to confirm with work stuff first. Skill level on guitar/vocals - enthusiastic...(i.e. I get by!)

Clocky, you can sing and/or dance... Or you could be the first Elgranders groupie :crazy:

Just bang the dates up Ellis & see what I can do.singing...crap,guitar...crap but learning riff to "feel so close" by Calvin Harris.......... :help:

Put me and jayne down for this, work depending for her, i will defo be there.
any sunday is good, except the weekend around the 9th of March, thats my birthday week long pish up.

EDIT
Jayne is defo off
13th to 18th Feb
7th to 10th Mar ( i will be in no fit state to drive this weekend) If anyone coming up or down the M1 fancies being birthday boys chauffeur that would be awesome
21st to 27th Mar

4/ Gobby - (podium dancer) - skill level bootylicious - food YES - i'll bring my own thong and pole (IVE GOT TO COME REALLY, ITS ON MY DOORSTEP) LOL

If the date of the musical jam is last week in March, I unfortunately won't be able to attend due to going to my bruvs wedding in south Africa. Thought I'd mention it early as was bringing my full drum kit, so you can make arrangements for another drum kit to be made available.
Cheers, hope to see you all there.

Well in that case we'll have it earlier in March so you can come, we hav'nt set a date yet so it's no problem....you can't get away with not coming that easy!!!!!

Depending on dates Sue and myself should be there
Music ability None, Good at clapping though.
Both for Food.

Ok, update... I'm going to the pub tonight to ask about the 15th of March as the date of the meet so that Rapperfrapper can make it, so I'll post up tomorrow if it's confirmed or not, then I'll start posting up our setlist of songs and everybody can chip in with what they want to do or play or come up with their own ideas for us to learn!!!

Had a word with the landlord Andy last night and it's a go for the 15th March!!!!!!
I thought we'd start with Sunday lunch at about 12pm the price for the Sunday carvery is £4.99 and it's jolly good then we can have the jam afterwards, We'll get there early to set up so that there's on hanging about afterwards waiting to start, I think it ashould be a great meet, you don't even have to play anything, just come along for the meet and the lunch and have a listen and a laugh at us making fools of ourselves

Yep I'll be there, I'm very good at making a fool of myself so will fit right in. Might even get myself a brand new snare to mark the occasion :)

As promised, here is our setlist, some are fairly newish songs for us some we know but hav'nt played for a while, but there should be something for everybody on there, and if you want to do certain songs from the list just say and we'll compile a list for the day of who is doing what so that everybody gets a go, put down as many songs as you want cos we'll try to get as many of you up for as long as we can, cos it is an Elgrand meet so hopefully e can have as many of the Ellies up as we can, even if you don't play but want to have a sing then put that don, we can print off lyrics for anybody that wants to sing but does'nt know the words if we know beforehand.
If you want to do a song that is not on the setlist also put that and we'll try and learn it, just put what instrument you are playing and if it's guitar either rhythm or lead part if there is both and maybe a link to a utube video so we learn the same version, haha!!!
Also if you want to do a song but are not too sure about it, if you need any help post up and I can help you with it, don't be shy, there are loads of song tutorials on utube or I'll make one and post it up.
This should be a great day!!!!!!!

Nuclear Family (Green Day)
Crash (Matt Willis cover)
Basket Case (Green Day)
Lifestyles of the Rich and Famous (Good Charlotte)
Summer of 69 (Bryan Adams)
Holiday (Green Day)
Doctor Doctor (UFO/Iron Maiden)
Breaking the Law (Judas Priest)
Trouble (Pink)
Dakota (Stereophonics)
The Bitch Song (Bowling for Soup)
All my life (Foo Fighters)
Hitchin a Ride (Green Day)
American idiot (Green Day)
Air hostess (Busted)
Slim Pickens Does the Right Thing and Rides the Bomb to Hell (The Offspring - You tube it, its a great song)
Times Like These (Foo Fighters)
I wanna be sedated (The Ramones)
Blitzkrieg Bop (The Ramones)
All the Small things (Blink 182)
Stacy's mom (Fountains of Wayne/Bowing for Soup Version)
Teenage kicks (Undertones)
I'm a believer (The Monkees/Smash Mouth/Shrek)
Baby One More Time (Britney Spears/Bowling for soup version)
Timewarp (Rocky Horror)
500 miles (The Proclaimers)
The Chain/Fleetwood Mac
First Date (Blink 182)
Merry Christmas Everybody (Slade)
When you're gone, (Bryan Adams and Mel C)
I Predict a Riot (Kaiser Cheifs)
The Rock Show (Blink 182)
Gay Bar (Electric Six)
Learn to fly (Foo Fighters)
Breakout (Foo Fighters)
Teenage Dirtbag (Wheatus)
The Only Thing that looks good on me is You (Bryan Adams)
Walk (Foo Fighters)
Boulevard of Broken Dreams (Green Day)
Chelsea Dagger (Fratelli's)
I fought the law (Green Day/The Clash)
Cum on feel the noize (Slade)
Fly Away (Lenny Kravitz)
20th Century boy (T-Rex)
Nellie the Elephant (The Toy Dolls)
Buck Rogers (Feeder)
Sex on Fire (Kings of Leon)

OK, so Greenday and Blink 182... as long as you know D E and G, you're sorted :laugh:

Think nearly all those tracks are 4/4 beat so can play nearly if not all of them, with a bit of luck, will get in the rehearsal room and get practising :)

Green Day, Blink and Foo Fighters are not as straightforward to drum as you might think, or so drummers tell me, haha!!!!

Back