- Messages
- 780
- Reaction score
- 3,454
- Points
- 223
- Location
- Russia, Siberia,
- First Name
- Boris
- Elgrand
- E50
- Region
- Rest Of World
Hello. I have an E50 with a 3.2 diesel.
It's a timeless engine. I use it in harsh conditions, down to -50°C. Fuel consumption with proper maintenance is 10 liters per 100 km on the highway and 12 liters per 100 km in city driving in the summer with air conditioning. In winter, at -40°C to -50°C, with warm-ups, I don't count the consumption; it's enormous, but winter is winter. I've even left it running for days.
The 3.2 is an incredibly reliable engine. It has a cast-iron block, cast-iron head, and timing gears.The fuel injection pump is mechanical, so there's nothing to break. The only downside is the fuel injection pump control unit, but it's easy to repair yourself; I've done it many times. You can also buy a new or used one.
The automatic transmission, like the 3.2 engine, is as reliable as an AK-47.
It's a timeless engine. I use it in harsh conditions, down to -50°C. Fuel consumption with proper maintenance is 10 liters per 100 km on the highway and 12 liters per 100 km in city driving in the summer with air conditioning. In winter, at -40°C to -50°C, with warm-ups, I don't count the consumption; it's enormous, but winter is winter. I've even left it running for days.
The 3.2 is an incredibly reliable engine. It has a cast-iron block, cast-iron head, and timing gears.The fuel injection pump is mechanical, so there's nothing to break. The only downside is the fuel injection pump control unit, but it's easy to repair yourself; I've done it many times. You can also buy a new or used one.
The automatic transmission, like the 3.2 engine, is as reliable as an AK-47.