• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

Cruise Control

Does anyone know once the CanM8 is fitted does it turn on the Green Set and Cruise lights on the speedo Cluster.
Seems I've noticed the LED lights on the Cluster ready to go.

Not on mine, lights are on the supplied stalk.

Reactions: Reg
Not on mine, lights are on the supplied stalk.
Bugger
That is what I'm thinking of doing.
Trying to get the CAN code's to talk to the cluster to tell them to turn on the Set/Cruise LED's
I already have a Maxima A33 cruise control buttons.
Y61 Patrol are also the same.

You should find that that the cruise light in the cluster is a removable incandescent lamp rather than an LED.

Bugger
That is what I'm thinking of doing.
Trying to get the CAN code's to talk to the cluster to tell them to turn on the Set/Cruise LED's
I already have a Maxima A33 cruise control buttons.
Y61 Patrol are also the same.
I was told that there are no any lamps in the version without cruise control, only the transparent film with symbols. you have to drill holes and insert led lights.
https://mikrob.ru/viewtopic.php?t=147717&start=30#p2674300 - here the post about that in russian caravan forum, check the pics!

I have an instrument cluster apart at the moment and can confirm that one of the cruise indicators is a removable bulb/globe.

You are better off with an aftermarket one as the standard CC is limited to a max of around 68mph. You can buy the original steering wheel switch if you want the bother of wiring it to the squib. Or there's a rather expensive kit available from Aus that includes the original switch.
Went for the Australian autostrada kit version a few years back, one of my favourite mods as i use it pretty much every time i drive
Post in thread 'El Nappo' https://forum.elgrandoc.uk/threads/el-nappo.12677/post-161660

I'm keen to order this Pivot cruise and throttle controller. Does anyone here know what type of brake harness I'll need for a 2002 series one E51? Is it Br-3 or Br-4?

The attached is a fitment list. You may need Google translate but the info is there.

Attachments

• tha_list.pdf
    1 MB · Views: 4
They don't specify which brake harness for E51 models. It just says BR-3/4.

When I get a chance I'll climb under and compare my connector to the images and report back.

I can confirm my 2002 E51 has the BR-3 connector

Back