• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

Cruise Control

I purchased my pivot about 5 years ago they are brilliant and still works perfectly and simple to fit.
Could you tell me which model you went for please.
Have you any pictures of it.

Could you tell me which model you went for please.
Have you any pictures of it.
There you go I made the button myself switches the cruise control in and out I think it’s the last 2 pins on the right you need to connect it to its non-latching switch.
Pivot 3 drive a I think they have updated it now
IMG_9479 (2).JPG

Last edited:
Any tips on unplugging the brake plug? Had a go a few days ago and just couldn't get my hands around to the top of it enough to push the tab to get it apart.
If I remembered correctly I used a thin bladed screwdriver to release it I think the handbrake one was the worst

There you go I made the button myself switches the cruise control in and out I think it’s the last 2 pins on the right you need to connect it to its non-latching switch.
Pivot 3 drive a I think they have updated it now
View attachment 82100
Thanks. I'm still trying to weigh up what to order.

If I remembered correctly I used a thin bladed screwdriver to release it I think the handbrake one was the worst
Ah right thanks I was trying to do it with a little screwdriver so I'll have another go with that.

I don't think I need to do anything with the handbrake tho? Maybe it's changed slightly

Ah right thanks I was trying to do it with a little screwdriver so I'll have another go with that.

I don't think I need to do anything with the handbrake tho? Maybe it's changed slightly
Hi,
Are you fitting a Pivot system?

Yes it's the pivot 3 drive ac2
Nice I will follow your progress keenly; would you mind telling me which cables you ordered there seems to be a bewildering array.
I think it's a TH-3A & BR-3 but I'm not quite sure.

3A (TH-3A) BR-3 or BR-4 depending on series.

Have a peruse of the attached.

Attachments

• THA-signal.pdf
    504.8 KB · Views: 17
Nice I will follow your progress keenly; would you mind telling me which cables you ordered there seems to be a bewildering array.
I think it's a TH-3A & BR-3 but I'm not quite sure.
It's Th - 3a and BR - 3 for my series 3.

It's Th - 3a and BR - 3 for my series 3.
Thanks, I think I will have to have a look at my brake light switch tomorrow when its daylight and count the wires.

HI, did you get it directly from Japan, can you remember what the charges were (customs, VAT, postage etc)
Yeah mine came from Japan, I can't remember the postage but you can check on the website what it will be if I remember. Customs I think was about £70 unfortunately

I see people have fitted the Canm8 system and wondered if you had thoughts about it (ease of use reliability etc)
If it's out of stock this is somewhat of a moot point, but I went for the CANM8 cruise control as it was the only one with a speed limiter - important as I live in Wales which is introducing widespread 20mph limits in 2023.

The stalk that CANM8's come with is excellent, giving easy access to presets, last speed, speed limiter etc... very easy to use.

I've not heard of any problems with any aftermarket cruise controls on Elgrands, save for downshifting and higher revs than is needed on very steep hills... probably a feature of the Elgrand rather than the cruise control?

If it's out of stock this is somewhat of a moot point, but I went for the CANM8 cruise control as it was the only one with a speed limiter - important as I live in Wales which is introducing widespread 20mph limits in 2023.

The stalk that CANM8's come with is excellent, giving easy access to presets, last speed, speed limiter etc... very easy to use.

I've not heard of any problems with any aftermarket cruise controls on Elgrands, save for downshifting and higher revs than is needed on very steep hills... probably a feature of the Elgrand rather than the cruise control?
Speed limiter is an option that I never thought about, but can see how it would be very handy, Thanks
Did you do the installation yourself?

Speed limiter is an option that I never thought about, but can see how it would be very handy, Thanks
Did you do the installation yourself?
Yes, thanks to help from here. My only issues were with dismantling the Elgrand, as I'd not done that before. People that have already had the dash and steering column apart and are comfortable splicing wires or soldering won't have issues as the instructions provided for installing the unit itself were clear.

I posted for help in this thread:

https://forum.elgrandoc.uk/threads/fitting-canm8-cruise-control-stalk.30092/#post-420499

Yes, thanks to help from here. My only issues were with dismantling the Elgrand, as I'd not done that before. People that have already had the dash and steering column apart and are comfortable splicing wires or soldering won't have issues as the instructions provided for installing the unit itself were clear.

I posted for help in this thread:

https://forum.elgrandoc.uk/threads/fitting-canm8-cruise-control-stalk.30092/#post-420499
Thanks, I looked on CanM8 website and like someone said before they have no stock.
I sent them a message saying there had been a lot of interest on the forum, see if I get a reply.

Back