• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

Midlands Club Stand Available At Rotary Cars in the Park in Lichfield

Parentalnightmare

Here for life
Premium Member
Midlands
E51 Owner
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Elgrand
E51
Region
Midlands
Hello Everyone,

Just had conformation from the Rotary Club in Lichfield for cars in the park.

They have had a cancellation from a club and we got a space for the club at the venue.

I didn't know how many cars to book so I booked 8 cars which would be £3 each for us to get in for both Days Saturday 4th & Sunday 5th July 2020.

The payment of £24 has to be made before the end of March which I will pay for, this will be for the 8 Elgrand's going but if only 5 turn up we can spread the cost between us, it still would be a great day out for a £5.

I would Like to know any Interested parties wishing to go and I'll add you to the list.

Don't forget there are only 8 places but if more want to go I can ask them for more room, Hopefully.

Cars in the park link to site.

1. Parentalnightmare.
2. Malcwit.
3. Sid.
4. Mad Max
5. Sharon - Tina
6. Three G

Last edited:
Three quid, camping in the city centre and some of the best beer in the Midlands, you better count us in Paul, for both days! After all it is where I went to school. :grinning: Well done on getting the club stand.

Entry Details
Entrance is free to members of the public again this year.

Single entry classic cars do not need passes - just turn up on the day and pay the entry fee of £5 per car BUT you are reminded that you are required by law to ensure that your vehicle is road legal.

Passes for this year's event will be issued to Car Clubs, Campers and Stallholders only - nobody else needs a pass.

If you are a car club, a camper or a stallholder and you have not received your pass this may be because we have not yet processed your application, or we may not have received your payment (if appropriate) or our e-mail to you may have been spammed by your system.

If you do not receive your pass two weeks before the event drop us an e-mail at entry@carsinthepark.com and we'll sort it out.

A Car Club/Camper/ Stallholder help-line number will be made available about a week before the event just in case panic starts to set in. Hopefully we'll have everything sorted by then and nobody will ring us!!!!!

We are looking forward to seeing you all.
Online Booking
Please note that online booking for CitP 2020 will open on 1 January 2020. Bookings are dealt with in the order in which they are received. Bookings will only be available until mid June 2020 (or until all spaces are taken if earlier) to allow us sufficient time to arrange passes and plan the layout of the park.
In previous years car club bookings have exceeded the amount of space we have available so please book early to avoid missing out!
This year we have 60 camping pitches available. Entry to the show is free this year so the charge for the pitch is the only charge. The facilities are:
  • Fresh Water via taps situated near the campsite
  • Toilets (male, female and disabled) will be hired by us and will be available from Friday afternoon for the duration of the show including Friday and Saturday overnight
  • Elson point available Sunday only
  • Security – we have employed adequate security for overnight Friday, Saturday and Sunday. Hours 7pm to 7 am
  • The camping area will be fenced off but this should not be regarded as a secure compound
  • There are adequate rubbish bins and/or skips
There are no shower facilities and no electric hook-ups. No barbecues of any sort are permitted at any time.
Camping at Cars in the Park
Campers, Clubs, Stallholders and Single Entry classics please note:
  • You will enter Beacon Park via lower Sandford Street
  • You must arrive between 8am and 11 am without fail
  • Campers, Clubs and Stallholders will be directed across the grass to a designated pitch. Passes must be displayed.
  • Single Entries will be directed along the tarmac perimeter road and your space will be allocated. You do not need a pass but will need to pay the entry fee of £5 per car on arrival at the park.
  • Campers, Car Clubs and Stallholders arriving without passes will be beaten and placed in a holding area for 4 to 5 hours (just kidding but please don’t turn up without your pass if you can help it).
  • For Campers, Clubs and Stallholders only we do have a mobile contact number. If you call it you will get through to Keith Eagland. Please don’t waste his time by asking about things which are clearly stated on this site. In a case of genuine urgency he will be pleased to help you between 9am and 7pm on 07738 188558.
We look forward to seeing you at the weekend.
Procedure on arrival at the park
Gates open at 7 a.m so please arrive early to prevent traffic congestion. Please display passes so traffic can be directed. Late Friday set up can be arranged.
No barbecues of any sort are permitted at any time.
Please do not bring any support vehicles into the park that may want to leave as other entrants are still arriving - this causes us huge problems and traffic congestion.

Three quid, camping in the city centre and some of the best beer in the Midlands, you better count us in Paul, for both days! After all it is where I went to school. :grinning: Well done on getting the club stand.
I think there is an additional cost for camping but still looking for the price, if you find it let me know.
I've put the rules on here for all to see.

I think there is an additional cost for camping but still looking for the price, if you find it let me know.
I've put the rules on here for all to see.
Varies between £20.00 for a tent up to caravan over 4 metres with awning at £75.00.
You can find this if you go into the camping booking form and then the type of pitch required.

Well the £3 is for entry for both days only.

So if you want to camp it will be an extra cost and you'll have to book it through the site.

Yep I understand. I did notice last week there is no price for campervans so guessing it would fall into the about £30 category.

I didn't realise how big the show was..

"Rotary Cars In The Park is a Classic car show Held annually in Beacon Park Lichfield Staffordshire. Now in its 23rd year. The show now has an International reputation and is the biggest show of its kind in the Midlands. It has in excess of 2000 cars on display and attracts well over 20,000 visitors over the two days. "

It's great, it's a shame more members aren't interested. It'll be a brilliant day.

It's great, it's a shame more members aren't interested. It'll be a brilliant day.
Early days, its 4 months away yet. In that time flood or plague might have wiped out mankind, 🤔 I just might wait a week or two until I book the camping. :joy: I think others are interested, there was mention on the other thread. 👍

I forgot to say to everyone that I need a minimum of 5 members for a club stand.
Just could do with 2 more now.

Yes definitely in. Got to be some localish Elgrandarians that would like to go. This show is massive and covers all ki ds of vehicles and al proceeds go to charity. Air Ambulance for one.

Reactions: Sid
Yes definitely in. Got to be some localish Elgrandarians that would like to go. This show is massive and covers all ki ds of vehicles and al proceeds go to charity. Air Ambulance for one.
Yes, should be a brilliant day out. If we get 8 to go that's £3 for Sat & Sun absolute bargain.

Re:

Oh yes. I will arrive for sure. You'll see the ugliest Elgrand in the UK. :D How to make a payment?

I'll chat to the family later!!!!

Looks interesting, I will ask my partner if we are free.

Back