• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

Best Modification - 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks, that's a good one, the cheap ones I'd been looking at were Chinese at around £50 and I was worried about them being a waste of money.
I'm sure you'll get use out of it, once you have this sort of thing you get more into the swing of using it.

100 lumens isn't very bright though! Does it need to be this small? We bought some small ultra short throw projectors at work a while ago, pretty impressive and run on their own batteries if needed.

100 lumens isn't very bright though! Does it need to be this small? We bought some small ultra short throw projectors at work a while ago, pretty impressive and run on their own batteries if needed.
Wow, they sound very cool.
The specs on the projector I bought vary depending where you read them. Some specs say 100 lines, some other specs say 500 lines.
You do need to close all the curtains if you want to watch a movie in broad daylight.

I think my favourite mod has been rewiring the rear lamp cluster so the inner brake lights are now fog lights and fitting a Nissan style switch to turn them on. Fairly simple and subtle but I like to keep things looking as though they might be original factory fitments.

Rewiring the lights was pretty straightforward and just involved cutting the existing feed and reconnecting it to the fog light wiring that had been used to convert the reversing lamp into a fog lamp (done by the importer). The hardest part was feeding the wire up through the rear body work and through the rubber cable channel into the back door. Another benefit of this is that the reverse light was returned to its original purpose making reversing at night easier.
dsc_1301-jpg.22104

I obtained the four slot switch back panel from Amayama and the switch itself from Ebay and it's a direct fit and just clips in. The back light is orange to match the others and it lights up green when switched on just as the front fog light indicator does on the dash. I wired this with a fused relay in circuit, taking the power feed from the fusebox which is behind the door below the switches. There are a couple of empty fuse slots so I tapped into one which was from a switched feed rather than permanent. So that's it really, nothing flash but looks original and like it came from Nissan that way.

Attachments

• DSC_1301.JPG
    DSC_1301.JPG
    63.4 KB · Views: 275
Last edited:
Wow, they sound very cool.
The specs on the projector I bought vary depending where you read them. Some specs say 100 lines, some other specs say 500 lines.
You do need to close all the curtains if you want to watch a movie in broad daylight.
To be fair, these may have been a completely different price point. They were definitely 720p. Think they were LG ones, could well have been £500+ each. I Know they had built in batteries which kind of defeated the reason we bought them in terms of taking on a plane as cabin luggage...

Entries are now closed, you can now cast your votes.

VOTING NOW OPEN - CLICK HERE TO VOTE.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back