• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

Best Modification - 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

Karl

The Boss
Staff member
E50 Owner
Premium Member
North East
E50 Expert
Reaction score
First Name
Karl
Elgrand
E50
Region
North East
In order for you to enter your into this competition, you must add details of ANY modification YOU have made to your Elgrand. This cannot be a modification that was done by a previous owner.

The modification can be anything from changing light bulbs, to a complete engine swap and anything in between. You must share at least 2 pictures of the modification you have made and write a description of what it is that you have done.

If you are not a premium member and therefore unable to upload images, please see THIS GUIDE on how to insert a picture.

There is no template for the text to add to this award, as long as you include details of parts bought, how long the modification took you to make, and any special tools you needed to complete the modification. You do NOT need to post a how to guide on how to do it, although doing so may increase your chances of winning.

Entries will be allowed until 17th August. Voting will then take place until 31st August.

VOTING NOW OPEN - CLICK HERE TO VOTE.

Please Enter the Username of the person you are voting for in the TITLE of the message, and repeat the username in the message text (just because you cannot send a blank message).

Nominations will be tallied up and the winner announced at the live Awards Ceremony from Yakushi on Saturday 14th September.

Prizes

1st Place - £25
2nd Place - £15
3rd Place - £10

Last edited:
Ok, I'll kickstart this :)

My favourite mod is the media table...

20190516_203048.jpg20190516_203700.jpg
20190721_132029.jpg
Basically a big old box where my center row seats used to be :)

Does a few things...

It's a table :) with front seats spun round it makes a nice lounge area for 4 people with somewhere for food, drinks, cards etc.

It's the bed :) lift the top purple section off and it sits on 4 legs next to the base giving a perfectly flat, as wide as the van platform which ties in with the rear seats folded flat to make the base for the double bed.

It's a TV :) 15in screen allows control of the PC and is in the perfect position to view when sat in the side awning having a beer.

It's full of tech :) well, a desktop PC, couple of amps, and lots of cables etc, this is the heart of the multimedia system.

Personally I'm really proud of the top piece, the illuminated murasaki symbol has been hand cut into the table and then purple frosted acrylic laid on top so the symbol ghosts though, looks great at night. The chrome surround on the table ties it in nicely with the VIP dash table.

Secret bit, the power supply for the illuminated top piece runs through the legs to spring contacts hidden in the base unit so as soon as you lift the top piece (to make the bed) the power is cut :)

This, aircon broke but it's kept me from ditching the van the last year. And secretly, it might stay even if I fix the aircon!

(Yeah I know it's not going to win :) but right know it is 100% my favourite mod!)

Hillbilly? Hell yes!

Modification made by my wife.
Shortened bonnet
Concave wing.
Banana steering rack
Engine moved sideways
Bumper removed

The most impressive thing is that the entire modification took about a second
Modification of this magnitude must put this at the top.
And I need the cash for a new one 😂

32269095-C204-4828-9E8B-47506D388A0B.jpeg70102750-8FB2-4CF8-A28F-9A93EA84AE34.jpeg4D044C58-8859-43D7-B08A-EEABDFA41D70.jpeg

This, aircon broke but it's kept me from ditching the van the last year. And secretly, it might stay even if I fix the aircon!

(Yeah I know it's not going to win :) but right know it is 100% my favourite mod!)

Hillbilly? Hell yes!
View attachment 21300
Spooky we were only talking about a fan like this today, we want one. Don't tell me...you got it from Wish?!
Actually do tell me lol.

My mod this year is my front splitter ,its from a.........................ohhhhhh VW T5 ,(that's me blown it wont win now 😀)I looked at one on a camper at a campsite I was staying at and without measuring it ,just by eye knew it would fit ,so just ordered it, with a bit of on and off hey presto ,I think it looks made for the van 😂20180912_171130.jpg
20180912_171123.jpg20190331_105530.jpg

My mod this year is my front splitter ,its from a.........................ohhhhhh VW T5 ,(that's me blown it wont win now 😀)I looked at one on a camper at a campsite I was staying at and without measuring it ,just by eye knew it would fit ,so just ordered it, with a bit of on and off hey presto ,I think it looks made for the van 😂View attachment 21305
View attachment 21306View attachment 21307
I see you have VW number plate too 😱.
Does it stand for T5 Extremely slow motors?
Great looking e50 so I think we can let the VW parts slide👍

Unfortunately my pop top roof resulted in me losing my flip down tv screens.... so..... hello home cinema system!

vio3uc.jpg

ejiut5.jpg

I have mounted a micro projector to the popup roof and attached a projector screen to the underside of the rear bench cushion. The cushion sits just in front of the rear conversion kitchen :)

The micro projector is full HD with the audio via bluetooth to the Elgrand sound system (so kinda surround sound).
Its Android OS already has YouTube and other apps but you can install what you want, and mirror cast from your phone. You can even plug in an xbox via the HDMI in if you want.

Its a great place to hide away from a screeaming baby :p:cool:.

Unfortunately my pop top roof resulted in me losing my flip down tv screens.... so..... hello home cinema system!

vio3uc.jpg

ejiut5.jpg

I have mounted a micro projector to the popup roof and attached a projector screen to the underside of the rear bench cushion. The cushion sits just in front of the rear conversion kitchen :)

The micro projector is full HD with the audio via bluetooth to the Elgrand sound system (so kinda surround sound).
Its Android OS already has YouTube and other apps but you can install what you want, and mirror cast from your phone. You can even plug in an xbox via the HDMI in if you want.

That's brilliant.

Trying to select a best modification is difficult seeing the amount of work o have undertaken in last 6 months.

My most proud and quick turn around of redoing my wheels in 4 days to get to JDM Combe.

Before and after pics to show strip down prime and final result.

All done after turning my study into spray room 🤪

Attachments

• C2CF9817-F215-4741-A9EC-A028F152BE1D.jpeg
    C2CF9817-F215-4741-A9EC-A028F152BE1D.jpeg
    59.3 KB · Views: 5
  • 85138B0B-2349-43B7-9FDB-2778BCC2C1B8.jpeg
    85138B0B-2349-43B7-9FDB-2778BCC2C1B8.jpeg
    130.5 KB · Views: 6
  • 3A20FF59-118E-4AE7-B08E-F33455F94B53.jpeg
    3A20FF59-118E-4AE7-B08E-F33455F94B53.jpeg
    73.3 KB · Views: 6
Spooky we were only talking about a fan like this today, we want one. Don't tell me...you got it from Wish?!
Actually do tell me lol.
No it came from Amazon, same day delivery! Was in The Range yesterday, they had an oscillating version. Not sure you'd be able to see anything past it though, was a bit big! :)

vio3uc.jpg

ejiut5.jpg

JCB movies! You dirty old man! 😂🤣😂🤣

Looks good, I've been thinking about a micro projector for ages. Was yours cheap or a better quality one? I've been put off buying one thinking that they wouldn't be very bright. Looks like it doesn't need to be completely dark from your photo.

Looks good, I've been thinking about a micro projector for ages. Was yours cheap or a better quality one? I've been put off buying one thinking that they wouldn't be very bright. Looks like it doesn't need to be completely dark from your photo.

Hi, it wasn't cheap for me but maybe cheap for a projector - around 200 Euros. It this projector here ---> VPP800 | ULTRA-COMPACT VIDEO PROJECTOR
I dont honestly know how often I will use this atm? maybe when the baby grows up a little she will watch cartoons on it?

JCB movies! You dirty old man! 😂🤣😂🤣
Looks fantastic! What size screen did you get. Also like the look of a conversion. Toying with making some modifications of my own but a full conversion seems only to make it cost neutral on a resale price? Been quoted £12k for a full conversion with re sale at about £20k. An expensive experiment!

Hi, it wasn't cheap for me but maybe cheap for a projector - around 200 Euros. It this projector here ---> VPP800 | ULTRA-COMPACT VIDEO PROJECTOR
I dont honestly know how often I will use this atm? maybe when the baby grows up a little she will watch cartoons on it?
Thanks, that's a good one, the cheap ones I'd been looking at were Chinese at around £50 and I was worried about them being a waste of money.
I'm sure you'll get use out of it, once you have this sort of thing you get more into the swing of using it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back