• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

BA light appeared in dash twice, and went off. Can't find what it is in the manual

Ive got a e51 Elgrand with radar control braking the ba light has been on for 2 years ive never been able to get rid of it I cant use cruise control but doesnt affect any other operation.cant find any other option to get rid tried ecu codes says no error codes may give up now
Has it been fine for the MOT with the light on?

Did you used to use the cruise and it stopped working, with the BA light? Or did you never really use cruise control anyway, but still it bust/threw the BA light?

used to use cruise control okay,then ba light cam on intermittent then came on permanent as just when you even switch on ignition without starting it also give audible signal when ba has initially come on

Ive got a e51 Elgrand with radar control braking the ba light has been on for 2 years ive never been able to get rid of it I cant use cruise control but doesnt affect any other operation.cant find any other option to get rid tried ecu codes says no error codes may give up now
I have the same, I believe it is due to either failure of the radar unit or the cruise control module. I have never been able to get it fixed either.

I also have it on my XL, it's currently in for service with Colin Price, he said it's probably a dirty sensor and they should be able to sort it. Watch this space!!!

Very good, may I suggest a 70% transmission fluid and 30% acetone mix , better penatrent than anything you can buy?
It was a few months ago and it's sorted now mate thanks, but yeah I know about the ATF mixed with acetone trick.

You'd need a scan tool that will connect to more modules such as the BCM to find the reason for the BA error light being on, I believe my Launch diagnostic gear would reveal the detected error that brings the BA light on.

Need a better code reader. If it doesn't work there is a fault. Mine is the same however code shows on my tool and I've got a radar on the way from Japan as I know that is the fault.

I have the same, I believe it is due to either failure of the radar unit or the cruise control module. I have never been able to get it fixed either.
well thank god im not the only one thanks for information

Need a better code reader. If it doesn't work there is a fault. Mine is the same however code shows on my tool and I've got a radar on the way from Japan as I know that is the fault.
my fault reader comes up bcm fault where can i get a radar will it have to be japan?

my fault reader comes up bcm fault where can i get a radar will it have to be japan?
Highly unlikely to find one in the UK. If you do a trader will likely want £500 for used (that's more than new). I get my parts from jauce.com happy hunting.

I also have it on my XL, it's currently in for service with Colin Price, he said it's probably a dirty sensor and they should be able to sort it. Watch this space!!!
So, service complete, but BA light still on. Spoke to Dale (the mechanic), he said its not throwing any codes and he couldn't find anything useful online to narrow it down. As it's an Amber warning light, it's not an MOT fail, do I'm just going to leave it for now.

So, service complete, but BA light still on. Spoke to Dale (the mechanic), he said its not throwing any codes and he couldn't find anything useful online to narrow it down. As it's an Amber warning light, it's not an MOT fail, do I'm just going to leave it for now.
What else did you have done? Was it just a 'normal' oil/filter service?

Had the works mate. Service, including plugs, underseal and cats. Wasn't cheap, but (nearly) everything sorted. All about the preventative maintenance. :cool:
Well done. Did you have the fuel filter done in the end (I take it yours is a petrol?)?
I was thinking plugs myself until I translated the service history it came with, and saw it had had them done about 10K kilometers ago in Japan. The owner had a coolant flush too the same date :)

Have you got any idea how much the underseal part cost, if you don't mind me asking? He did mine as mine was fresh import, but I was thinking about having it topped up say every other year going forward, so it'd be nice to know a ballpark figure? He might not have given a price breakdown granted, just gave a full sum to pay?

Last edited:
Well done. Did you have the fuel filter done in the end (I take it yours is a petrol?)?
I was thinking plugs myself until I translated the service history it came with, and saw it had had them done about 10K kilometers ago in Japan. The owner had a coolant flush too the same date :)

Have you got any idea how much the underseal part cost, if you don't mind me asking? He did mine as mine was fresh import, but I was thinking about having it topped up say every other year going forward, so it'd be nice to know a ballpark figure? He might not have given a price breakdown granted, just gave a full sum to pay?
I asked about the fuel filter, was told that it's in the tank and mot readily accessible (although Colin told me this, not Dale). The waxoyl was £125 plus vat, reasonable really.

I asked about the fuel filter, was told that it's in the tank and mot readily accessible (although Colin told me this, not Dale). The waxoyl was £125 plus vat, reasonable really.
Thanks, appreciated 👍

Do you know where you got that from/part number.

Mine, touch wood, is fine, but it's handy to know for users if their's fails.

Cheers

Off of Japanese auction under E51 Elgrand radar.

You can find the part number on amayama.com but took a bit of searching last time I looked.

Back