• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

Awning rail fitting

Cheers for the link @JohnK ordered a rail. For £20 can sell it on if no good. The magnetic rail I bought last season was shocking 🤣

Thanks, John - not in a rush, so I will hold out for the Kampa one - surely someone will get some stock before the summer!
Let me know if you manage to find anyone with them in stock.

I'm having the same trouble. With the pop up roof I've got there isn't room to fit a rail between the struts and the edge of the roof seal and there is only really the roof gutter outside the pop up where I can attach a rail. All the C rails that I can find look too wide (25mm-35mm) to fit into the gutter apart from the Kampa Dometic one, which seems to no longer be available. I'm considering the Kampa limpet attachment unless someone has another solution.

L
I know that when northstar fit theirs on vans with pop up roofs they are done so they fit under edge of pop up .
Thanks, I'll check it out. I guess it depends on the make of the pop up and how its configured. On mine it looks like there isn't a big enough gap between the rear gas strut and the edge of the pop up.

I used 3 sections of 'C' rail from Stitches and Steel (still currently available according to their website) but I did have to trim a bit off the rail base to fit around the Drive Lodge roof hinge as I mention in my post here. The rail is completely hidden when the roof is closed. All that was 4 years ago and I've had no problems.

1648546407816.png

I used 3 sections of 'C' rail from Stitches and Steel (still currently available according to their website) but I did have to trim a bit off the rail base to fit around the Drive Lodge roof hinge as I mention in my post here. The rail is completely hidden when the roof is closed. All that was 4 years ago and I've had no problems.

View attachment 71778
That's certainly an option if they've stopped doing the Kampa ones. Thanks

Thanks, John - not in a rush, so I will hold out for the Kampa one - surely someone will get some stock before the summer!
I’ve been in touch with Kempa and apparently they are expecting them in a few weeks and will get them out to their dealerships. I noticed a few places on line that normally stick them either have them on back order or will notify you when they are back in stock.

I know this is an older post but didn’t want to start a new thread - I have just ordered the Kampa c-rails - what self tapping screws have people used? Have any of you who’ve asked in this thread successfully fitted them? Many Thanks

I know this is an older post but didn’t want to start a new thread - I have just ordered the Kampa c-rails - what self tapping screws have people used? Have any of you who’ve asked in this thread successfully fitted them? Many Thanks
I fitted kampa c rails a couple of years ago, I used small stainless screws from toolstation. They had some at just the right size so the head fits nicely in the pre countersunk holes.
Stainless screws are quite easy to snap so the right size pilot drill was essential.

I used these - https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/353574421846

I think that I used the 1/2" ones just to be sure that I would not go through the roof in to the cab - I think that you could get away with a tad longer and still be fine

Agree with above - critical to get correct drill bit size - from memory, size 6 screws needed a 2.5mm drill. Also - having two pairs of hands made the job much easier, especially when you get to the section just above the front door of the van

Back
Top Bottom