• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

Anyone watching the Formula 1?

Richard Fox

Double Elgrand Obession!
Premium Member
E51 Owner
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Elgrand
E51
What are members views on the current suituation with the Formula 1?! Did anyone see the Saudi Arabia race!!!!??? :eek:
Obviously I would love Lewis to win for the 8th time, but with Verstappen joint 1st on the points it could be anyones Championship and just one race to go!!!!
I really hope Lewis does win as I am surrounded by Verstappen fans here in The Netherlands!!! lol

Yes, well sort of. Haven't got Sky but I listen to it on 5 Live. Loved yesterday's race, although arguably the Saudi track is a bit pants if they had to stop the race every 5 minutes. Can't wait to see/hear how this pans out next week and wouldn't be at all surprised if Max causes a double DNF for him and Lewis. I too would love to see Lewis take another title. The guy is just incredibly talented.

Yes, well sort of. Haven't got Sky but I listen to it on 5 Live. Loved yesterday's race, although arguably the Saudi track is a bit pants if they had to stop the race every 5 minutes. Can't wait to see/hear how this pans out next week and wouldn't be at all surprised if Max causes a double DNF for him and Lewis. I too would love to see Lewis take another title. The guy is just incredibly talented.

From what I saw yesterday on the race highlights I did not agree with Bottas slowing down Verstappen but then the cut on the corner between lewis and verstappen and the rear shunt which clearly looked like Verstappen let his foot off the gas and then accelerate causing lewis to hit him!!
Defo going to be an interesting race next weekend!!! 👍

Well I’m a no , and want verstappen to win , Lewis is a unbelievable driver but he to political for me , abit two sided for me , abit like his green thoughts but flys all over world with a complete race team for a living , hopefully it’s a gd clean race

@Richard Fox yep been watching the whole Season and can honestly say in the 35 years I can remember watching it, 2021 is the most 🤬up.

Saudi took it too the next level and although I think Hamilton is a nob have to back him as I don’t like versap.

if you wanted a more in depth discussion give me a call 👍

🤪

Well I’m a no , and want verstappen to win , Lewis is a unbelievable driver but he to political for me , abit two sided for me , abit like his green thoughts but flys all over world with a complete race team for a living , hopefully it’s a gd clean race
I think there's space for the most senior person in their profession to get a bit political, especially when he's so unusual as a mixed race guy in a very white sport.

But either way, hope it's tight next week and he takes the win on the final corner!

I think there's space for the most senior person in their profession to get a bit political, especially when he's so unusual as a mixed race guy in a very white sport.

But either way, hope it's tight next week and he takes the win on the final corner!
Totally agree with your point , but doesn’t mean I have to agree with his veiws or him or anyone else agree with mine

Has to be the DRS point doesn't it? In which case the rules need to change to prevent a re-overtake within the next lap. If Max had to sit behind for a whole lap then it doesn't matter where he gives the place back.

Its gonna all be on this last race. I'm not the biggest fan of Hamilton so Naturally want max to win. And think max was right it's all about the penalties and not about the racing. There is far to much politics on and off the track but I was glad to see that sky weren't just blaming max for a change in these 50 .50 moments and what the bloody hell was Hamilton doing behind max even the commentators agreed, iknow post race they were saying he got the message late but that should have even come into it Hamilton was to busy trying to second guess rather than doing max on the straight.

i stopped watching f1 for this very reason its not won on the track racing its all pitstop tactics and politics and bitching about someone suposidly cheating

Used to watch it religiously (80s and 90s were amazing) but sometime in the last 10 years I just went off it. I'd watch Martin's grid walk and the first lap and then just drift off into something else. Cancelled the Sky package. Like Top Gear I just lost interest in it.

Can't wait.
One of them will not be happy.
I think the pressure is getting to Max.
I think the 10sec penalty was just a farce.
Might as well have been nothing for what it changed.
Would love to see Lewis win.
But if Max wins he has deserved it.
They are two different styles of drivers.
I think they should let them race a bit more as long a the rules are the same for everyone.
The appeals system should be scrapped.
The stewards are very clued up and their decision should be final. (as long as the rules and penalties are the same for everyone.)
Bring in no working on the cars under red flag unless damaged.
Scrap the mandatory tyre change.
Start on whatever tyres you want.
No overtaking for 1 lap if you go off and have to give the place back.
I think that they should both be told that if the crash into each other on Sunday then the 3rd place will be champion.
Hope it's a clean fight and a close race and everyone comes away in one piece.
Can't wait for next years cars.
Will they still ride the kerbs when the undertray will play such an important part of the aerodynamics?

What are members views on the current suituation with the Formula 1?! Did anyone see the Saudi Arabia race!!!!??? :eek:
Obviously I would love Lewis to win for the 8th time, but with Verstappen joint 1st on the points it could be anyones Championship and just one race to go!!!!
I really hope Lewis does win as I am surrounded by Verstappen fans here in The Netherlands!!! lol
Used to watch it religiously (80s and 90s were amazing) but sometime in the last 10 years I just went off it. I'd watch Martin's grid walk and the first lap and then just drift off into something else. Cancelled the Sky package. Like Top Gear I just lost interest in it.

Its gonna all be on this last race. I'm not the biggest fan of Hamilton so Naturally want max to win. And think max was right it's all about the penalties and not about the racing. There is far to much politics on and off the track but I was glad to see that sky weren't just blaming max for a change in these 50 .50 moments and what the bloody hell was Hamilton doing behind max even the commentators agreed, iknow post race they were saying he got the message late but that should have even come into it Hamilton was to busy trying to second guess rather than doing max on the straight.
Hamilton is, despite his faults, truly gifted. Vesrtappen is equally gifted but acts like a spoilt kid. Hamilton is at the end of his F1 Career, despite being an "old man" in F1 terms he still puts up a damn good fight

Absolutely love me some F1. Have done since I used to go with my dad in the eighties. What an absolutely awesome year of racing its been (if a little bitchy at times) I'm a massive Hamilton fan and really hope he does it next weekend, but Max is also an unbelievable driver and titles will come to him over the coming years for sure.
Just want to see a good clean race in the finale decided on the track and not by shithousery or by the stewards. But have a feeling that won't be the case 😕
Oh and can't wait for the new cars next year, if the predictions of more close racing comes true!!

Can't wait.
One of them will not be happy.
I think the pressure is getting to Max.
I think the 10sec penalty was just a farce.
Might as well have been nothing for what it changed.
Would love to see Lewis win.
But if Max wins he has deserved it.
They are two different styles of drivers.
I think they should let them race a bit more as long a the rules are the same for everyone.
The appeals system should be scrapped.
The stewards are very clued up and their decision should be final. (as long as the rules and penalties are the same for everyone.)
Bring in no working on the cars under red flag unless damaged.
Scrap the mandatory tyre change.
Start on whatever tyres you want.
No overtaking for 1 lap if you go off and have to give the place back.
I think that they should both be told that if the crash into each other on Sunday then the 3rd place will be champion.
Hope it's a clean fight and a close race and everyone comes away in one piece.
Can't wait for next years cars.
Will they still ride the kerbs when the undertray will play such an important part of the aerodynamics?
Absolutely agree with most of the rule changes you've quoted there!! Plus I'd add no pit stops under safety cars. Remove all the cheap tactics!

Back