• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

Am I insane or brave.

Someone mentioned putting links on here a d maybe getting a more local member to check - saves you a chunk of train fare and time.
We are generally a helpful bunch.....I know if you were looking at a motor in my usual haunts, is be half to take a gander (but you ain't, so I can't).

Someone mentioned putting links on here a d maybe getting a more local member to check - saves you a chunk of train fare and time.
We are generally a helpful bunch.....I know if you were looking at a motor in my usual haunts, is be half to take a gander (but you ain't, so I can't).
If it won't break any forum rules posting an off forum sale ad outside the selling area. Admins feel free to remove if not allowed.

Here it is.

I'm usually so wary of dodgy market place ads but this one seems reasonable, more like a trader add and videos have been sent over WhatsApp showing what I requested and seen kind if normal.

I don’t buy cars that live by the sea, salt eats them - two advisories on rust to rear subframe and coil springs and so it begins.

Also damaged windscreen, which are expensive to replace.

But all in all better than I expected for less than £4000.

I don’t buy cars that live by the sea, salt eats them - two advisories on rust to rear subframe and coil springs and so it begins.

Also damaged windscreen, which are expensive to replace.

But all in all better than I expected for less than £4000.
so you won't buy mine as i live on a small island in the Irish sea :confused:

The plan is to go down this Thursday as I need my own vehicle ASAP because every time I renew another month on the tempcover insurance for another month it takes £300 of the buying budget.
Did I read right? £300 a MONTH to renew insurance? :eek:

Did I read right? £300 a MONTH to renew insurance? :eek:
Yeah monthly temp cover because the TT is on loan and not registered at my address. Don't want to get a full policy because believe it or not Audi TT 2.5k a year, Porsche Cayenne V8 4.5 £1100 a year, Lexus LS400 £700 a year, C class diesel £800 a year. Elgrand about £11-1300 a year. 55 clean license, no points ever, maximum 9 years no claims most places record, very boring job in a very boring industry and usually 4-5k miles a year.

Yeah monthly temp cover because the TT is on loan and not registered at my address. Don't want to get a full policy because believe it or not Audi TT 2.5k a year, Porsche Cayenne V8 4.5 £1100 a year, Lexus LS400 £700 a year, C class diesel £800 a year. Elgrand about £11-1300 a year. 55 clean license, no points ever, maximum 9 years no claims most places record, very boring job in a very boring industry and usually 4-5k miles a year.
Whereabouts in Cheshire @skraggy_uk ?

Whereabouts in Cheshire @skraggy_uk ?
Warrington.
My postcode area is an insurance class C in an A-F scale. My old Warrington postcode was an insurance class B area but when I moved when the ex and I split, the insurance nearly doubled. Some cars like cooking model basic Passats, Octavia's, golds and Peugeot/Citroen models are cheaper but interesting models or even unusual but not valuable cars are through the roof. A 2000 Daewoo Musso was double the price to insure than a 2001 Lexus IS200.

If I was paying 4k for an early e51 I'd want it to be a very good one
Likewise. I'm going to be honest, that one I've linked to looks a lot better than some I've seen for over £3-3.5k and with longer MOT and less advisories.

The videos I asked for, two different driving videos, a bonnet up engine running video and a couple of walk rounds look to be in pretty good nick and running order.

These are the videos I requested and was sent.
They shouldn't be listed/searchable but I can share them.

Warrington.
My postcode area is an insurance class C in an A-F scale. My old Warrington postcode was an insurance class B area but when I moved when the ex and I split, the insurance nearly doubled. Some cars like cooking model basic Passats, Octavia's, golds and Peugeot/Citroen models are cheaper but interesting models or even unusual but not valuable cars are through the roof. A 2000 Daewoo Musso was double the price to insure than a 2001 Lexus IS200.
Insurance pricing is madness, I live right in the middle of Wrexham, on street parking, 3 years NCB about £400 fully comp. To put where I live in a Warrington perspective, my house is as close to Wrexham City centre as the Aldi side of Bank Park, makes no sense.

Back