• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

ZX1 ExtraLube

Holdfast4130

Premium Member
South East
E51 Owner
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Elgrand
E51
Region
South East
Has anyone tried this in their bus? I know Allen Millyard swears by it (and he is quite the engineering genius). Apparently it can go in anything from Engine, fuel, coolant, transmission, diffs, power steering etc....wondering if it would benefit mine? I've only ever oiled motorbike chains with it or packed push bike bottom brackets and wheel bearings with the grease, which did used to make them spin much more freely.

Not tried it. I read somewhere that it dissolves copper. Never sure about these snake oil type products, there's never any proven empirical evidence that they make any difference.

Probably bollox

The only additive I ever used was Slick 50 but not in an Elgrand.

These days I don't think I'd use any additives but mayble I'll try some fuel stabiliser in my boat fuel tank at the end of the season after researching it.

There's a difference between what can be demonstrated by rubbing 2 bits of metal together in your hand, or cogs inside a glass fronted container in a motorists shop and what the stuff actually does inside your engine / gearbox / diff / etc. Some stuff can apparently cause other problems, which is probably one of the reasons manufactures don't include it in oil they make or advise it for vehicles they produce.

Yes I have been using it for years, far as I'm concerned it works and it is good stuff I put it in.
Engine
Gearbox
Radiator
Differential
Power steering
Petrol tank
It has proved not to have any consequences with copper.

Last edited:
Yes I have been using it for years, far as I'm concerned it works and it is good stuff I put it in.
Engine
Gearbox
Radiator
Differential
Power steering
Petrol tank
It has proved not to have any consequences with copper.

Do you notice any difference? A lot of the older guys I used to knock about with on bikes used to swear by it. I do wonder if this engine could benefit from it. It's apparently good at preventing sludge build up. I might take a punt. How long have you been putting it on you bus?

Pleased to read you're having good results with it mate.

I'd be very wary of putting it in an automatic gearbox myself, they need a certain amount of friction on parts like clutch plates to work properly.

I've been using it for the last 25 years at least and I put in every car.
I put it in the Elgrand in 2017 when I bought the vehicle.
Yes I do find it quietness the engine down slightly it also slightly smooths the gearbox out although that's very hard to do because it's so smooth anyway.
The inside of my engine is very clean I was surprised the last time I done the oil change the filter housing doesn't seem to have any dirt in it at all where before it did.
IMG_8171.JPG

Last edited:
Pleased to read you're having good results with it mate.

I'd be very wary of putting it in an automatic gearbox myself, they need a certain amount of friction on parts like clutch plates to work properly.
I was apprehensive at 1st but after doing so much research on ZX1 I trusted them and I think it paid off when I was in Poland a couple years ago on the German auto barns I did 975 miles non-stop other than petrol and I was doing speeds maxed out at 115 mph and as you know you have to floor it every time to pull out to overtake because they stick up your arse the BMW's Audi and Mercedes the temperature also was a 41° C and it didn't miss a beat and the gearbox was absolutely brilliant.

Obviously you cannot put it into a CVT or any old boxes which use metal plates to metal plates

Last edited:
The inside of my engine is very clean I was surprised the last time I done the all change the filter housing doesn't seem to have any dirt in it at all where before it did.

I forget whether yours is converted to LPG, if it is then that would explain why the engine is clean inside.

I forget whether yours is converted to LPG, if it is then that would explain why the engine is clean inside.
No I'm not LPG converted can't get it easily around here so I never bothered it doesn't clean the engine out straightaway it over time

Every time I change my oil I put in 20mL of ZX1 it seems to chip away at the Sludge over time so it doesn't block anything up.

It's also brilliant for my lathe tools and the milling machine bits as well they definitely last longer before I have to re-sharpen them.

Last edited:
Sorry chaps, I can’t believe 20ml can possibly do anything.

The cheapest way to buy it off eBay I always purchase off this guy it will last years for one vehicle.
Also put in my son's skyline 370 engine and gearbox

Sorry chaps, I can’t believe 20ml can possibly do anything.
300 mL 1st treatment and then 20 mL every oil change as it will only attract a metal which is bare it does not accumulate once is coated it is coated until it wears off it just stays in their and if any becomes bare it attaches that to way seems to work.

300 mL 1st treatment and then 20 mL every oil change as it will only attract a metal which is bare it does not accumulate once is coated it is coated until it wears off it just stays in their and if any becomes bare it attaches that to way seems to work.
How much do you add to diff and coolant? Do you add 250 ml to the trans fluid,too?

It certainly seems that those who use it have very strong opinions that it makes a positive difference. There are other similar products that use the same sales pitch of chemically bonding a molecule to the metal surfaces. I know it is definitely a good thing in machine shops where you are lubricating a cutting tool but for me, my engine runs perfectly well without it along with millions of other engines, so I'll remain sceptical and just stick to regular oil changes.

It certainly seems that those who use it have very strong opinions that it makes a positive difference. There are other similar products that use the same sales pitch of chemically bonding a molecule to the metal surfaces. I know it is definitely a good thing in machine shops where you are lubricating a cutting tool but for me, my engine runs perfectly well without it along with millions of other engines, so I'll remain sceptical and just stick to regular oil changes.
I've only ever added fuel treatments to cars for MOTs. And once a stop leak to the coolant to get the car to the scrappy. I'll give it a whirl alongside regular oil changes. Since I got mine in October it's had 4 oil changes in only 6k km. Hoping that I've got it back to a fresh state internally.

Back
Top Bottom