• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

Yakima roof racks (Thule alternative)

Gogboy

Active Newbie
Wales
E51 Owner
Reaction score
First Name
Iolo
Elgrand
E51
Region
Wales
I have been looking for ages for a Thule Roof rack fixing kit but to no avail. They really are like hen's teeth.
After much googling and ebaying, I gave up.
I came across a company called the Roofbox Company in the UK and they sell roofracks for the Elgrand made by Yakima.
I had to order as they were out of stock at the time and had to wait about 4 weeks.
Excellent quality and the roofrack fittings are interchangeable with Thule.
So, if like me, you have searched in vain for the Thule kits, then check out www.roofbox.co.uk

Tried the link but Elgrand is not listed is it the same for another Nissan?

Tried the link but Elgrand is not listed is it the same for another Nissan?
You need the Whisp bar, now called the Flush bar and the K163

Black version,

YKS7B-1 Yakima 105cm flush bar, black, no. S7B - SINGLE BAR the do the silver bar as well if you prefer that,

and the K163 fitting kit,

YKK163 - Yakima fitting kit: Yakima SmartFoot FP fitting kit no. K163

I have some spare Thule stuff going up for sale soon.

Anyways, Yaks fitted to my Elgrand so yo can see what they look like.

JQGZhOm.jpg

fDUsoPf.jpg

I have been looking for ages for a Thule Roof rack fixing kit but to no avail. They really are like hen's teeth.
After much googling and ebaying, I gave up.
I came across a company called the Roofbox Company in the UK and they sell roofracks for the Elgrand made by Yakima.
I had to order as they were out of stock at the time and had to wait about 4 weeks.
Excellent quality and the roofrack fittings are interchangeable with Thule.
So, if like me, you have searched in vain for the Thule kits, then check out www.roofbox.co.uk
When you reach 10 posts the rest of the forum will open up to you as there are threads already discussing the issues regarding the lack of Thule equipment and various solutions including Yakima and Terzo.

Hi All. Just spoke to roof box. No Yakima fittings until the 'end of summer'. Whatever that means :confused:

Humour an idiot. I've got two bars do I need two kits or just one?

Humour an idiot. I've got two bars do I need two kits or just one?
You need 2 kits , 1 foot pack kit (754) & a 1 clamp kit (1282) what bars do you have ? Length of mine are 140cm , (wing bars)
Thule 754 foot pack can be found , new I’m not sure about , but 2nd hand ones are out there
...,,, problem is finding the Thule 1282 roof clamps ... rare as owt .

Last edited:
You need the Whisp bar, now called the Flush bar and the K163

Black version,

YKS7B-1 Yakima 105cm flush bar, black, no. S7B - SINGLE BAR the do the silver bar as well if you prefer that,

and the K163 fitting kit,

YKK163 - Yakima fitting kit: Yakima SmartFoot FP fitting kit no. K163

I have some spare Thule stuff going up for sale soon.

Anyways, Yaks fitted to my Elgrand so yo can see what they look like.

JQGZhOm.jpg

fDUsoPf.jpg
The Yakima K369 fitting kit is also compatible, and probably more available.

They are actually in stock here:

https://www.roofrackstore.com.au/ya...grand-5-door-wagon-2002-to-2010-p-589032.html

However it is an Australian site and doesn't say whether or not they ship globally. Might be worth asking though

Is this E51 fitting - is E52 any different?

Back