• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

Wrapping the brown plastic....

whats the sandisk item in the stereo first pic?
It's a slot for a memory card. Basically you could stick music on it to play but I use Spotify on my phone through the Bluetooth so the card isn't really used for much.

That looks really good. Is it possible to take all the wood bit off and have them sprayed?
I don't see why not. I didn't look to see how the flat bit came off as I knew I could wrap it without removing it but I'm sure it will be a few screws somewhere...

To be fair , I used to car wrap for a living and it still took me 3 years to sort this!!!
It is fiddly unless you take plastic off around the radio. You can get away with leaving the top section in place as it's fairly flat .
Sorry, slightly off topic but since you've mentioned car wrapping...did you wrap your front grille and fog lights surrounds or just painted it please?? Love it btw
Am I right in thinking the rear lights and the bar are wrapped as well? Cheers

Sorry, slightly off topic but since you've mentioned car wrapping...did you wrap your front grille and fog lights surrounds or just painted it please?? Love it btw
Am I right in thinking the rear lights and the bar are wrapped as well? Cheers
Grille and fog surrounds I painted originally. I am in the process of wrapping the grille as the paint has got a little worn and I feel a wrap may look neater. Fog surrounds painted really well and still look pretty neat although they could easily be wrapped and I may consider doing this with the carbon tape too.
Rear light bar wrapped and I marked where the inside lights are then cut circles 🙂

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230420-204124-741.png
    Screenshot_20230420-204124-741.png
    539 KB · Views: 4
Grille and fog surrounds I painted originally. I am in the process of wrapping the grille as the paint has got a little worn and I feel a wrap may look neater. Fog surrounds painted really well and still look pretty neat although they could easily be wrapped and I may consider doing this with the carbon tape too.
Rear light bar wrapped and I marked where the inside lights are then cut circles 🙂
Might just nick the light bar idea.. :heart:👍

edit: once I've got the tax/insurance/mot/tyres out of the way this month :(

Love it, love the whole van, cheers...did you use G30 rattle can?
And I assume rear lights wrapped as well although in lighter, smoky shade
Since you're wrapping expert, any tips on good quality material, thanks

I’ve used carbon wrap on bits around my Merc and it looks absolutely brilliant. Brand I used was 3M. It’s pricey but looks amazing. Hope this helps @guf 👍👍👍

I actually used a black garden furniture spray! Popped a grey undercoat on first. Worked a treat.
The vinyl really used to be hit and miss regarding quality but I've tried a few from ebay in recent years and all seemed to be ok. I even wrapped a wooden fire surround which had previously been wrapped in white. We stripped it and changed it to black and it turned out really well. Ideally you need it to stretch well enough not to need any heat although some tight bends may require a tiny bit of heat. Decent hair dryer can be enough. This carbon tape came from wish. Ebay have it too but a tad more expensive. It's really stretchy and easy to use but only comes in rolls up to 10cm wide. Not ideal for large projects but for interior it's easier to manage but there will be places where it joins. The light bar on the rear needs wider vinyl really unless you don't mind a join. Plenty of 1 metre wide vinyl available, even the carbon. I suspect most of the carbon vinyl will be made by the same people so there's a good chance you will get a decent stretchy one. Wise to buy a little wrapping kit with squeegees and blades in them. Again, ebay have lots of these... 👍.
Just had a very quick look at wider carbon vinyl on ebay. Plenty on there.....
This would do the trick I'm sure:

Last edited:
Nice one, thanks for that 👍

Back