• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

With a very deep heart ❤️

Hi all just to let you all that don't have a England anymore it's hat to go due to the fact that DVL has refused my licence on the grounds of bad health at 73 I have been getting a way with and now thay have called it time on me.
So have been happy with all the help I have got from this site it's a sad day to have to say goodbye 👋 😢
Stephen
All the best Stephen, take each day as it comes, set your mind on a new hobby ,keep active, take care & all the best,

I thank you all for your very kind words .
I have been driving since I was about 18
have driven all kinds of motor's but the last job was fire engine's 🚒 around London then retired at 55 moved up to Yorkshire.
COPD has just to bad that it is coursing me problem's.
Well that's it for me now there's people worst than me lol 😆.
Thanks again for your kindness
Stephen

Well that's it for me now there's people worst than me lol 😆.
Yeah, these people:

s-l1200_edit_671316495076207.jpg

Those poor, poor Alphard owners.

Seriously, like everyone says, still hang out here with us. We've all appreciated @P4ddy's enthusiasm over the literal years he's been here - we need more nice people like you and him 👍

Sorry to hear that my friend and I know exactly where you're coming from as I have complex health needs and disabilities. Driving is the only way I can leave the house and I will be absolutely bereft when I can't.

I'm sure you'll find a new focus in time though. Perhaps buy a fancy mobility scooter online and modify that, they're really easy to work with.

You'll be surprised what you can do to spice them up on the quiet, nothing like wheel spinning your way out of Tesco's with a bag full of donuts, or thrashing it round your local woods (I broke mine doing that but it was good fun😁)

Best wishes though, regards.

Oct 2021 whilst licence revoked and so unemployed.
Not sure what to say as I kind of know what your feeling and I had a 14 month fight to get it back in full no restrictions. As long as it's your own doctor's opinion that he strongly considers your health to affect your driving and not dvla opinion. My doctor wrote to them saying nothing wrong with me but they upheld their decision and to take them to court costs thousands. I'm the only driver in my family so it meant we were all screwed. I just hope you still have a means to get out and about.
What annoys me about the DVLA are the things they consider to be free of risk and those of high risk which in some cases are bizarre. Anyhow don't be a stranger and I wish you the best.

Yeah, these people:

View attachment 97300

Those poor, poor Alphard owners.

Seriously, like everyone says, still hang out here with us. We've all appreciated @P4ddy's enthusiasm over the literal years he's been here - we need more nice people like you and him 👍
Alphards are an abhorrence to humanity and anyone who owns one needs urgent medical attention.

I owned 2 Estimas and a Granvia bitd so I had good hopes for them before looking at Elgrands. But when the time came to look around they disappointed me massively inside and out, I never even bothered to test drive them, they have no soul, bland cramped interiors, no actual space when full of people with exterior styling as magnolia as a 1990's council house.

Yes, I hate Alphards 😁

Thanks for your kind replys I'm lucky at the moment as the as my partner is still driving 🚗 but she is 76 but for how long before she has to stop don't know that do we.
Not much I can do as I can't walk far as I just get out of breath so I'm going around with a little oxygen bottle in my pocket it do help.
I have been looking at fancy mobility scooter
I like the trick reminder that old bike days 😆 old hell angles times 😎 😏 ( not that I was one)
Well I'll say bye for now
Thanks 👍

How about something like this 🤔 the old one never gives up.
As you took my licence now I'll become a Renegade 🤣 ☠️😁

Attachments

• Wolf_Warrior_Offroad_Electric_Scooter.jpg
    Wolf_Warrior_Offroad_Electric_Scooter.jpg
    120.5 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:
Thanks for your kind replys I'm lucky at the moment as the as my partner is still driving 🚗 but she is 76 but for how long before she has to stop don't know that do we.
Not much I can do as I can't walk far as I just get out of breath so I'm going around with a little oxygen bottle in my pocket it do help.
I have been looking at fancy mobility scooter
I like the trick reminder that old bike days 😆 old hell angles times 😎 😏 ( not that I was one)
Well I'll say bye for now
Thanks 👍
So sorry you had to sell the Elgrand. If you are looking for fancy scooters try one of these! All the very best.

My heart goes out to you @stephen , I would much rather stop due to my own thinking rather than someone else’s
Anyway it’s been said, stick around , this forum is as much for enthusiasts as it is owners
As @Highway Dave says, you don't need an Elgrand to stick around on here. Sad that you have to sell but please stay on here for the craic and any knowledge you can impart from your ownership. Best wishes.

Back