• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

Unusual conversions

Susy

Active Newbie
South West
E51 Owner
Reaction score
First Name
Susy
Elgrand
E51
Region
South West
Hello what are types of conversions are there besides a side or a rear?

Japanese to English menus. 🥁

I’ll stop now, this isn’t helpful to Susy. Sorry! 😃
I think you have the two main types of conversion, not sure there are any other camper conversions set pieces.

Japanese to English menus. 🥁

I’ll stop now, this isn’t helpful to Susy. Sorry! 😃
I think you have the two main types of conversion, not sure there are any other camper conversions set pieces.
Thank you. I seem to have read a post somewhere, cant remember where 😦 saying that you don need to restrict yourself to side and rear as there are lots of other ways and to have a loon on an AP (cant remember either 😦). Any idea which AP it could be? Pinterest???

Reactions: guf
Can you explain a bit more pleaese?

I said 'Tip of my tongue' in jest as reply to someone mentioning LPG conversion, I know you're interested in camper conversion.

The post I've linked to here will explain 'removable cushion with storage underneath setup', I meant the Campal setup which @Elgraman has listed on the post in the link as (b) simply campal, @LeStempy was selling one.

Last edited:
Garage conversion??
Sorry :blush:

Inexpensive external drive away 'spiders' tent conversion. Drive away any time, because it doesn't attach to the van :rolleyes:

tent picture.jpg

Expensive conversion. Oops my mistake, I'm not sure this is an Elgrand conversion 🙃 But there does seem to be plenty space for a porta potti :grinning:

A class conversion.jpg

The compromise may be somewhere inbetween depending on whether or not you'll always sleep on campsites (you won't be pitching a tent beside a layby), how many people you want to carry / sit / entertain / sleep, how big it is for driving on UK roads, whether or not you want to be able to park it in a parking bay and get under height barriers (but there are ways around that e.g. tow another car or have bikes strapped on the back), how much you want to spend, etc.

Last edited:
Back