• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

top speed ?

Very roughly - to make 1bhp takes very approx 0.1 gallons per hour...

So if it were making the full 240bhp this would work out at 24 gallons per hour.

And if doing approx 120mph that's 2 miles per minute.

If the fuel tank holds say 75 litres that's approx 16.5 gallons.

The fuel would run out in (16.5 / 24) x 60 = 41.25 minutes.

In 41.25 minutes at 2 miles per minute you'd 82.5 miles.

So you're not going to be far off! :)

In the real world the engine won't be making 240bhp because rpms will be lower than the rpms at which it can make 240bhp and this will decrease the 24 gallons per minute, speed won't be 120mph, if it has the speed restriction and usual top speed it will take less bhp to do the lower speed anyway (even if say it had a CVT) but speed also miles per minute, on the whole though in both a restricted and derestricted Elgrand you'd probably get more than 41.25 minutes and 82.5 miles out of a tank of petrol. Heh I'd still get over 160 miles on LPG and then over 82.5 miles on petrol.
I read/saw somewhere (probably Clarkson-era Top Gear) that all these hyper and supercars will empty their fuel tanks after fifteen minutes at "full-chat". This allows the manufacturer to skimp a bit on component quality to focus on immediate performance and not longevity....

Only possible if you pull a trailer with a second fuel tank 🤣
I have a 2nd and sometimes even a 3rd onboard fuel tank :)

And these days due to the pump I make/sell I could have an instant re-supply of fuel for a (admiteddly long lol) pitstop beside the track even if the track didn't have fuelling facilities. Can refil with LPG anywhere from a bottle due to the pump now.

The best way to do that is to know when the lights are going to change, just before they're going to change hold it on the brakes using left foot and apply a bit of throttle with right foot, then when you want to 'launch' immediately come off the brake pedal and apply full throttle. Even if you didn't mash the throttle at that moment you'd still begin to move off the line pretty quick when you let off the brakes.
how about the 0-60 time then.....anyone know...lol

I posted this in another thread this morning, but I am copying it into this thread, because I think this is where it really belongs, and I hadn't seen this thread before posting in the other.

Today I took my Elgrand out for an early trip to the shop to miss the Friday rush, and the roads were nice and quite. Here is my real news! We all know that if you want your acurate speed while driving your Elgrands, your satnav does this job. Today while driving I looked at my statnav (a Garmin SmartDrive) and it showed I was doing 445mph, I didn't misread it, it was not 4.45 or 44.5mph. So can I claim to have the fastest Elgrand on the planet 😂 and it's a G30, proving that white is not the fastest colour 🤣 Have a good weekend guys & gals. :)

Back