• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

Stereo

Dowd

Midlands
E51 Owner
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Elgrand
E51
Region
Midlands
I’ve got an Elgrand e51 series 2 I want to change the stereo to a double din one anything I should know thanks in advance

Just that it's not particularly hard, so don't worry. You get pretty immediate results as the new stereo will fire up and play through the speakers once the ISO harness is plugged in. The trickiest part is adding all of the other ancillary wires that you might be using and running them around the van under the various trims (DAB aerial, microphone, USB extensions etc).

What stereo setup have you got? It gets trickier with the Bose stereo and even trickier with the Nissan 5.1 Surround stereo (dash centre speaker with no branding on).

Basic Kit List:
- Double DIN
- Nissan Micra ISO harness
- S2 fascia panel
- Tools: Plastic levers, screwdrivers

Optional Extras:
- DAB aerial
- Phono cable to take video to rear inputs and allow video to be played from head unit to rear screen
- Extra USB ports to wire in while you've got everything out

You need to ground the wiring adapter to the chassis as the Elgrand loom doesn't have a ground.

You need to ground the wiring adapter to the chassis as the Elgrand loom doesn't have a ground.
Good point, and the 'parking brake' cable from the head unit if it has one.

Also, you may end up with some unused wiring from the old stereo left in the dash and this is fine. I think I had an unused connector from the DVD unit, the FM aerial which I didn't reuse and one other single cable that I didn't pay attention to what it was, but it definitely wasn't needed for the new unit.

The only bit on mine that required some actually wiring in as opposed to being plug and play was the steering wheel controls, which had to be cut out of the otherwise unused DVD connector.

There is an 8pin DIN connector that routes the audio from the VTR input into the factory stereo. If you want to listen/watch this on the front screen you'll need to wire this to the Aux in on your new stereo.

This will be my next task. Im guessing if my speakers dont say bose on it its the standard speakers. If so gonna get facia and a double din, and may invest in upgrading the speakers if its not upto it.

Yes, but if you have a speaker in the middle of the dash then it's 5.1 DTS so the best bet would be to trade in for another Elgrand.....

Double din fitted 1 year best thing ever done

Back