• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

South West Route 38 meet. Dec 20th **** South West Region****

Barney59

E51 Owner
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Elgrand
E51
We are having an informal meet at the Route 38 diner on Sunday 20th December, the aim is to meet other owners/prospective owners in the region and for us to try and identify
1. any events in the SW that we could attend as a club
2. in house activity/event that we could do
3. decide if we need to have a regular meeting place/date and location.

Meet at the diner at 2:30 (daylight!) with the aim to eat at 4:00. There is no requirement to stay for a bite to eat if you have things to do -- (it's only Christmas after all :giggle: )

LOCATION <<< Link

There have been several spots in the region, so please do your utmost to publicise this event.

Attending
1. Barney59 & Gerry
2. Ray (@rayfisherman )

Thanks for the heads up Barney!!!:)
Right guys and girls - i am only a new owner and member so it would be great to meet up with other owners / enthusiasts so lets not just read and sit on our hands - if you can make it - please do make the effort because you the members can make it what could be a great meet!!!
Barney has be kind enough to put the work in to arrange a meet so its up to us local members to make the effort too!!!
Understand that people have may already made arangements - if not , why not come along - bring the Mrs and the children be lovely to meet you!!:)
All the best ,
Ray.

( NB - thanks Karl too for a great forum and everyone else involved running the forum:)).....

Bollox.
Can't make this one due to family stuff. Have a good one and hopefully you'll arrange another in the new year I can attend.

Bollox.
Can't make this one due to family stuff. Have a good one and hopefully you'll arrange another in the new year I can attend.
Sorry you cannot make it and thanks for the kind comments!!!
I shall make sure we take photos!!!
Anyone else coming along????

Bollox.
Thanks Lee for the courtesy of a reply, shame you can't make it.
Aiming to arrange events that more people will attend, so if you have ANY ideas then please submit so that your suggestions are reflected in our discussions. Think we should KIS (Keep it simple, not an offer!) learning to walk before we run, so Trans-Alpine Runs to the Sun are out this year, I would try to piggyback other events perhaps even gatecrashing V.W events for a laugh.

I've added this to the calendar. Good luck :D

Come on guys and girls - anyone else coming along???
Be great if you could!!!!:)
All the best ,
Ray.

Just in case the Location Link didn't work its PL12 5BL its easy to find being on the main A38 and can be seen from the Trerulefoot roundabout turn in at the Shell garage entrance and hook a left.

. @sean flynn Long way from Horwich though????

Following list of names comes from a trawl through the Members List (where you have declared your SW base) and also those who have attended a SW event in the past. Would be great to hear from you guys, even if you can't make it, I'd like to know what floats your boat so maybe we can get something for you to attend ...... Dwile Flonking and Morris dancing perhaps!

@Spannerdemon , @alboy , @Ammes , @BIGFOOT , @David Hallett , @gazza, @Harvo , @Kim , @oilman , @patters , @PaulaO , @Paul_Devon , @rayfisherman , @Whaley, @Cliveus , @daichi , @Marco79 , @Arctic Fox , @TravellingMomma , @clocky280 , @ramster , @zaly , @Kisbeep , @mo11ydog , @Marlow69, @Barney59

I appreciate that there are more but these are the ones that I can identify. as I say I know some are at the other end of the peninsula (or even in Welsh Wales) but your input is welcomed even if you can't come down West.

feel free to post here or PM me if you'd rather not go public.

Thank You
Barney

I'm up for dwile flonking.

Seriously, I'm easy on location really. The main thing is to get dates together so we can meet, get to know each other and discuss whatever......not just Elgrand stuff! If the location happens to be family friendly then all the better but not a prerequisite.
At least this is off the ground. Hats off Steve.

Any body else up for coming along??????
Be great if you could:)
I will be there and i shall be bringing the Mrs too!!!:)

OK @Whaley has said he might be able to pop in for a short time, depending on his schedule he has a busy day planned but is only just round the corner for him. Fingers Crossed!

OK @Whaley has said he might be able to pop in for a short time, depending on his schedule he has a busy day planned but is only just round the corner for him. Fingers Crossed!
Sounds great if he can!!!:)
Come on people , anyone else coming along????
Not long now - really looking forward to it!!!!:)

HI all, I'm only in Liskeard so this is practically on my doorstep, however have a full family gathering for the day for the half that I'm not seeing on Xmas itself! And when they leave, I have the kids to deal with and a pool match in the evening.
It is looking unlikely but, I will try and see if I can slide out for 20 mins in the afternoon, even if I gatecrash your meal, and don't eat. Would really like to come along and see a few other cars/vans/wagons/buses/whatever you call yours (it seems to be a bus in my house!)

As for suggestions, if you wanted to cruse a little, almost at Liskeard (6 miles) there is another diner called the Chequered Flag which is also a stop for a variety of car/bike based groups. Recently opened so I'm sure would like a few extra people in easy to spot in the daytime from the flags!

Anyway I will try and keep you up to date and let the FB world know on the day if I can if I'll make it!

Cheers Whaley

Beginning to wonder if DVLA will do their bit on time and for me to get my plates so I may turn up in Betty's Smart Car. GRRRRR :swear::swear::swear:

Either way lads - be great to see you!!!:)
Hope you get it sorted soon Barney!!!!:)

Back