• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

REMINDER ABOUT NEGATIVE REVIEWS

On another note...

If the admin team have anything direct to say to a member regarding rule breaking, or any other matter that we need to be in touch, we will message you, not send a notification alert.

So if you get a notification that you think is aimed directly at you, it's not. It's just there to get your attention because you meet certain criteria.

In the instance of this latest notification, the criteria was that you have to be a member of the forum.

I have also sent alerts to E50/E51/E52 owners about the awards, in which case the criteria is that you are a member and you are marked as an owner of one of the above.

I must have had 50 messages from people asking if they have done something wrong, and I've replied to each one saying "no, this is a general warning to all members to make you aware". And if I get any more questions about it, I will answer them all, one by one.

I think people have got annoyed at the email Karl because the tone of it implies that the receiver HAS in fact overstepped the rules,

I wasn't annoyed. It scared the bejasus out of me cos I thought I'd unknowingly broken forum etiquette or rules. Thank you Karl for your courteous and good humoured PM reply. Very restrained considering how many PMs you got. :)

@RonH - I do try and keep things light hearted.

I will try and ensure that future "general" communications come across as being "general" and not member specific.

I think it’s a stupid situation when the person who owns the forum is liable, it should be the person who is making the comment only. The law is an arse.........oops, not very good in my opinion.

I think it’s a stupid situation when the person who owns the forum is liable, it should be the person who is making the comment only. The law is an arse.........oops, not very good in my opinion.

Unfortunately that is the case though. I am responsible for all of the content on this forum, so it's a good job I can sit on the forum all day and catch reported posts :joy:

Thanks for the Email Karl.The above are all quality replies to an important post. There are unscrupulous people out there who need naming and shaming but without hard proven evidence then it's best to keep stum. Read traders or parts suppliers feedback before a purchase . I am astounded why people buy without researching who they send their hard earned cash to .( I have also been caught out in the past ). I am also guilty of naming dodgy characters but in the interests of this forum i will refrain from doing this again in writing.

All very sound advice. It is a very fine line we tread; we must try to help each other by warning against 'less that optimal' service or suppliers, yet we must avoid at all costs dropping our dear Karl in the soft and smelly stuff. As the man says: keep it factual - no opinions or hearsay - backed by solid evidence.

Thanks for the Email Karl.The above are all quality replies to an important post. There are unscrupulous people out there who need naming and shaming but without hard proven evidence then it's best to keep stum. Read traders or parts suppliers feedback before a purchase . I am astounded why people buy without researching who they send their hard earned cash to .( I have also been caught out in the past ). I am also guilty of naming dodgy characters but in the interests of this forum i will refrain from doing this again in writing.
Maybe we should get " Matt Alwright " on the case in the future.:p He don't give a flying f**k who he upsets and names and shames on Tv

Thank you all for your input.

I know its a touchy subject because we all want to be warned about bad dealers, and they are out there.

I just want people to post facts, not just opinions based on hear-say or what they've read.

It needs to be a personal recall of events, with proof, and then there are no issues.

Proof can be an email, a payment, a refund... It can be a screenshot of the advert and then contradicting evidence (ie advert states 10k miles, car history report says 100k miles.

It's not hard these days to prove that something dodgy is going on.

If you're only dealings are done verbally, with cash, then you have no proof on your side, and I very much doubt even the police or trading standards would follow up on your report without any facts.

It's a case of covering your arse, and making sure you get everything in writing, because then you can post a negative review, back it up, and no one can be liable for slander/libel.
Does sat in the public gallery of Birmingham crown court watching one of them being sent down count Karl as FACT??? Justice was done that day. I was there to see it and so was my brother in law as both of us had fell foul of this tosser who sadly some years on is back again trading dodgy Elgrands under differing persona's all the time.

Maybe we should get " Matt Alwright " on the case in the future.:p He don't give a flying f**k who he upsets and names and shames on Tv
That's not without substantial evidence. The production team will have crossed all the Ts and dotted the Is before they name and shame on telly.

That's not without substantial evidence. The production team will have crossed all the Ts and dotted the Is before they name and shame on telly.
Indeed which is why I love the guy so much because he actually does what he is paid to do and that is to name and shame publically for the benefit of the public.

@Brendan1969, I appreciate what you are saying, but I have no evidence to back up the fact that any dealers are linked to the man you saw being sent to prison.

If we have facts, share them, but I cannot risk prosecution from a dealer because of hunches and hearsay.

A kind member has offered me some advice about the legal viewpoint and I will be talking to him (or rather his wife) about this in due course.

Once I know what I am liable for, and what can/can't be used against me, then the rules may change.

But for now, unless someone has hard evidence of a claim they are making, it cannot be made public on this forum.

HELLO CALLING ADMIN IS ANYBODY LISTENING, (I'LL TRY AGAIN) - PUT A DISCLAIMER ON EVERY POST - SIMPLE.

Facebook, twitter, youtube & all mobile phone companies host or transmit terrorist communications but none of them has been prosecuted for bombings or attacks in this country or anywhere else.

Amazon, Ebay & others encourage feedback positive or negative. Can't remember any of them being done either. There's loads of review sites doing the same.

This is a club to share information, good or bad. If a dealer is upset by something give them the right to reply & we can make our own minds up.

Recently there was a kryptic thread about poor service/incorrect description or paperwork from a dealer in the North East prompting members to advise a carvx report if they were considering a purchase. Others have used that dealer since & complimented them. Just a quick reply from the dealer on the complaint would have been in their interest & ours. :)

HELLO CALLING ADMIN IS ANYBODY LISTENING, (I'LL TRY AGAIN) - PUT A DISCLAIMER ON EVERY POST - SIMPLE.

I have no way of adding a disclaimer to any and all posts. The forum software is unable to do this unless I forced a "signature" on every member which displays the disclaimer. That said, when using a phone to view the forum (in portrait mode) the signatures are hidden.

As I said, I am getting legal advice from an actual lawyer at some point in the not too distant future.

I can't afford to pay for legal advice myself, so this offer has been a great way for me to get up to date with the club and my own legal obligations. Once I know what I can/can't do/allow on the forum then things will change.

I have not said that people cannot leave a bad review.

if you buy a car cleaning product, and it leaves streaks and you wouldn't recommend it, that's fine.

But if you make a comment about a dealer that could be linked to a drop in sales, I don't want to be liable. Which is why I have asked, if you DO make a negative comment about a business or individual, you provide some back up so that I am not on the back foot. That is all I am asking people to do.

Share the evidence so that 1/ it covers my arse 2/ it covers the clubs arse and 3/ people can see that the claim you are making is genuine.

If anyone wants to leave a negative review of a company would it be easier to send it as a private message to a member of the admin team so they can proof read it before submission ?.......not that i want to as my opinion would be my own unless this has happened on a regular basis.

1 faulty product or bad experience does not warrant a negative review, but regular occurances from the same supplier may require an alert to others...

Facebook, twitter, youtube & all mobile phone companies host or transmit terrorist communications but none of them has been prosecuted for bombings or attacks in this country or anywhere else.

Amazon, Ebay & others encourage feedback positive or negative. Can't remember any of them being done either. There's loads of review sites doing the same.

This is a club to share information, good or bad. If a dealer is upset by something give them the right to reply & we can make our own minds up.

Recently there was a kryptic thread about poor service/incorrect description or paperwork from a dealer in the North East prompting members to advise a carvx report if they were considering a purchase. Others have used that dealer since & complimented them. Just a quick reply from the dealer on the complaint would have been in their interest & ours. :)
Spot on Phil. If these so called dodgy dealers who claim to be legit are upset then they can at least put things right to those they have diddled in the past and present in order that they can clear their bad name and start selling Elgrands. You only have to look at their websites to see they have all the same old stock which they had 6 months and longer ago. Says it all really.

If anyone wants to leave a negative review of a company would it be easier to send it as a private message to a member of the admin team so they can proof read it before submission ?.......not that i want to as my opinion would be my own unless this has happened on a regular basis.

1 faulty product or bad experience does not warrant a negative review, but regular occurances from the same supplier may require an alert to others...
Or being sent to prison perhaps;)

Back