• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

MV58GZK for sale - does anyone recognise this Elgrand?

Blakesden

Active Newbie
North West
Reaction score
First Name
Gareth
Elgrand
Looking to buy
Region
North West
Hi all. Whilst browsing the classifieds on autotrader I came across this Elgrand E51 for sale:

The registration is MV58GZK and it has a rather large Elgrand OC sticker in the back window 🙂. Does anyone know of this vehicle? I tried the search but had no success. I am half interested in it, it ticks most of the boxes in relation to what I am looking for but it would be good to know a bit more history about it.

I don't recognise it from the forum.

It is £1500 over priced, a bit high on the miles, not full leather - but the main reason I would not buy it is because it is a reposesion.

Not seen it on the forum
MOT history looks pretty good with no advisories for all 3 of its UK history but it is not a anywhere near a 10 grand van.
Sellers feedback is not that good on Autotrader and I would think that he knows little about Elgrands and cant even get the mileage right as the miles he gives are actually in kilometres from the mot.
It might be a good van but if it was me I would want it for far less than he is asking as by the looks of it you will have no idea of what has been done service or maintenance wise to it since it was imported 3 years ago or even whether the cats have been done so this would have to be factored into the price.
My advice would be to stick to the traders or members on here who are selling as this van overpriced with not knowing its history.

Last edited:
Looks a decent van but as already said, about 2k over priced in my opinion.

Thanks. Yeah that was my thought too, overpriced for what it is.

I don’t think its 2k over priced to be honest … it has 4wd, looks like the media has been changed to UK (Sat
nav shows correct location) it has a tow bar too!! Add that little lot up …. its also an unusual colour and, if the 133k is actually KM that’s only 88k miles …. I have looked at motorcycles from these guys befor, they have been there years, I never bought but they seemed honest and fair …. You won’t get this spec of van from a dealer for much less, yes, if you go private you could, but that’s always the risk. My own van is a 3.5 4wd with 55k miles and LPG conversion …. That came in at 11k from a reputable dealer, and trust me I looked long and hard and that was a good price. Ok that was 12 months ago and prices may have softened, but for that specification I would defo be taking a proper look …. You might be able to make an offer? As I say they seemed good guys.

They have been good reputable dealers for years, they sell from an odd compound - very secure.

The issue with ‘snatch backs’ is most of time the vehicles keeper knows the bailiffs are coming and they have a mentality of ‘if I can’t have it, they can’t have it.’

They often vandalise and/or sabotage the vehicle through spite.

I’ve seen a CBR600 motorbike with sugar in the fuel tank and a Subaru Impreza Sti ( which I collected ) with sand residue in the oil filler neck, this wasn’t seen until catastrophic engine damage had occurred.

…….so, snatch backs are not for me.

I don’t think its 2k over priced to be honest … it has 4wd, looks like the media has been changed to UK (Sat
nav shows correct location) it has a tow bar too!! Add that little lot up …. its also an unusual colour and, if the 133k is actually KM that’s only 88k miles …. I have looked at motorcycles from these guys befor, they have been there years, I never bought but they seemed honest and fair …. You won’t get this spec of van from a dealer for much less, yes, if you go private you could, but that’s always the risk. My own van is a 3.5 4wd with 55k miles and LPG conversion …. That came in at 11k from a reputable dealer, and trust me I looked long and hard and that was a good price. Ok that was 12 months ago and prices may have softened, but for that specification I would defo be taking a proper look …. You might be able to make an offer? As I say they seemed good guys.

Advertised on here https://forum.elgrandoc.uk/threads/...eather-edition-hws-e51-£9-995-for-sale.35207/ by Adrian at Winchester Car Imports for slightly less money, fresh import with 6 months engine and gearbox warranty and 9000 less miles and with the knowledge that it will have been properly prepared including underseal and cats etc by a trusted trader

Albeit with no sunroofs or 4 wheel dive or towbar (which is only any good if you need one) but with red full leather.

I know if I was spending £10,000 on a new van which one I would be going for.

I was making the assumption the OP isn’t a complete idiot and would test drive before parting with any cash … soon ascertain if there was sand in the tank 😀

I’m not saying it’s a bargain just not particularly overpriced … looks like a very good van to me, but that’s just my opinion without actually seeing it myself!!

I was making the assumption the OP isn’t a complete idiot and would test drive before parting with any cash … soon ascertain if there was sand in the tank 😀

I’m not saying it’s a bargain just not particularly overpriced … looks like a very good van to me, but that’s just my opinion without actually seeing it myself!!

Haha, assumption is the mother of all f*** ups!

Yes, I'm fairly well clued up on mechanical things and I'd like to think that I'd spot something like that. That being said, I have traded in cars with worse problems!

They don’t allow test drives.

They don’t allow test drives.
Of course they do!!! They have cars worth tens of thousands .... no sane person would pay such sums without a decent test drive.

You may not find the idea of repossessions palatable, I do get that, but it doesn't make the cars they sell any less value than any other dealer ..

1671305783291.png

Back