• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

Insuring your Elgrand

I am with AF but from next month will be with Quote me happy. They weren’t the cheapest on go.compare but gave the best balance of price, excess and add-ons. I’ve only recently used go.compare, it’s ok,but you’ve got to watch it coz whatever excess max you said you want, the offers will be higher and also, if you choose a provider and click to go to their website, some of your preferences will be removed and you have to put them back in and so the price goes up. I’ve also found that you look at the details of (say) the cheapest quote, come back out to look at the list of offers and find that the price has increased. It’s ok, just be careful.
Note. Quotemehappy are in-fact selling an Aviva product, so going straight to Aviva will cut out any brokerage fee.

Note. Quotemehappy are in-fact selling an Aviva product, so going straight to Aviva will cut out any brokerage fee.

Quitemehappy is actually owned by Aviva but the product they sell is not the same as you'd get direct from Aviva. The two have completely different pricing and operating models.
Quotemehappy was set up by Aviva to cater for the cheaper end of the market. Everything is done online and electronically whereas Aviva have a branch network and as well as selling direct to the public sell through insurance brokers.

Insured with Safeguard 9 yrs NCB.

Renewal notice:
‘Your new price this year is £614.19, which includes your insurance premium and fees.
As a comparison, last year’s equivalent price was £386.69.’

What they meant was ‘last year’s equivalent price’ was last year’s premium increased by the 2023 rate of inflation.
How can they justify these increases?

Also, don’t tell me there is no tacit collaboration between insurers.

How can they justify these increases?
Because people pay them, with little or no option.
Think how much they racked it in in Coronavirus too, when there was far less traffic on the roads, hence far less to pay out.

2004 3.5 E51 - waiting to see if won bid later today!

Me 57 - nearly 9 years NCB - living in a village in Cumbria, car will be parked on the road - no accidents, convictions, nada!
I was out of the country nearly 20 years though. Not sure if that makes any difference - or if it's just that I'M A GIRL! :imp:

Comparison sites best quote Churchill - £528.
Caravanwise - £517 (but only if insured as a second vehicle, which it won't be)

After reading this thread...

Adrian Flux - £481.57...said I was going to ring Sky Insurance and she then changed it to £456.57
Sky Insurance/Safely Insured - WILL NOT INSURE Nissan Elgrand.

Last edited:
Just rang Greenlight and they came in around £50 more than the lowest Adrian Flux quote - I went with Greenlight.

Last edited:
i am now over £700, mainly due to postcode, despite being in lovely Chester, gone with Mark Richardson again.

Shocked today to find that Churchill wont be renewing my insurance this year after being with them for the last couple of years since I got my Elgrand in 2021- no reason given just a letter on my account when I logged in to check my renewal price. Had a bit of a struggle to find another decent quote, with a few insurers not recognising the registration number. Ended up going with Performance Direct for £472.

I have just insured my 2007 HWS 3.5 for the first time, thought I'd report on that in case it's useful to someone.

My existing insurer for a Fiat 500 (gotta love the contrast 😂) is esure, they wouldn't touch the Elgrand, don't do imports. I looked on a few price comparison sites and Admiral was coming out cheapest. Decided to go for them, filled everything out, got a quote. Tried to pay for it the next day, nothing doing, just kept cycling back to the same screen with no explanation. Tried this all manner of different ways, still no joy. Eventually gave up and just phoned them first thing next morning, gave them the quote, and no problem at all, job done, successfully insured.

No doubt this is down to being an import, when I put the reg in it came up as a 350z, I corrected this information but I guess it just needed a phone call to verify or something, fair enough really. But the price as quoted through price comparison site did not change.

Admiral gold, fully comp, paid in full, parked on the drive, 20+ years no claims, leisure only = £516

I've got a 2013 Elgrand and most companies won't touch it as it's newer than 2010. Direct line managed to insure last year for £800 😱

I can't believe insurance companies won't update their databases it's just annoying!

Back