• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

Everything on EOC is about E50 and E51. Where are the E52s?

CKapasa

Active Newbie
E52 Owner
Premium Member
North West
Reaction score
First Name
Kapasa
Elgrand
E52
Region
North West
I have been watching this forum for over a year and half and patiently waiting for some good fella on here to post anything about E52s. I'm starting to think that perhaps they are not quite considered to be Elgrands. I could probably understand why. I think its a completely different beast. The shape, looks, feel and most importantly the drive is completely different... should we start a new tread or section specific to E52s. I wonder where they all are 🤔

yeah E52 tend to be more singularly focussed as luxury people movers, as the 51 and earlier model have more of a cult following due to it being better for campers (having swivel seats and all)

I think there's a few varying factors as to why. In comparison to the E51's, the general price is higher to purchase. The space and versatility in an E52 is compromised due to its size. Quite a big factor is the CVT box. For some reason, Nissan didn't quite nail it like Honda/Toyota. I think another thing is the fact that there's similar vehicles to the E52 (Citroen C4 Space tourer as one example) that are commonplace. The E51's nearest comparative vehicle is a transporter/i800 which are both vans (and ride like vans) unlike the E51, which is a van sized car.

Everything on EOC is about E50 and E51. Where are the E52s?​

Not everything.......there is a Joke thread and a Show us your non Elle ride thread. 🤗👍🏻

There’s some stuff in the E 52 tech section and bits all over the forum to be fair
Thing is , the E52 is only just starting to gain momentum as a regular import in the uk so not too many owners on here yet
E51 was the same a few years back now look at it, as for the E50, well thanks to members on here it ain’t going anywhere anytime soon ( I even like the black ones—-you know who you are)

There are e52 sections on here and there has been a fair amount of e52 discussions recently. Sorry if you feel they are under represented, but until owners post about them what are we to do......

It is understandable there is less E52 talk here for the reasons given by @Highway Dave & @Holdfast4130

I think the amount of E52 activity will increase naturally over time as more and more of them get to be 10 year old in Japan and are then exported. The E52 technical section here is helpful as are other blogs such as this (written by a member of the OC):

I'm doing my bit to up the E52 participation and hopefully other E52 owners will too.

Even the e50 scene is slowly fading compared to a few years back guess most ending up at the scap yard now

Less E52 content as less owners, or at lest less owners on the forum.
Why people prefer the E50/51 to the E52 is of course an entirely different subject.
Common themes such as versatility, CVT and its possible reliability etc. Mind you, they are the newest version, so money could also be a factor, given it's harder to pick up a nice E52 for £7K, say.

Personally I think they look nice.

Not sure if you'll be able to see all the posts about E52's if you've only done 6 posts on the forum @CKapasa .

You need to get 10 posts done, then log out and log back in again to be able to see all the forum. Or pay for premium membership.

But you're right about there being far less about E52's than E51's. There's also less about E50's than E51's these days (but probably more about E50's than E52's).

Just how many threads on failed CVT gearboxes do you want to read 😂

It's just a numbers game, no where near as many 52 owners so less posts.

I have been watching this forum for over a year and half and patiently waiting for some good fella on here to post anything about E52s. I'm starting to think that perhaps they are not quite considered to be Elgrands. I could probably understand why. I think its a completely different beast. The shape, looks, feel and most importantly the drive is completely different... should we start a new tread or section specific to E52s. I wonder where they all are 🤔
hi and welcome to club , u could be right about not msny e52 posts or members , but to me the forum is all about people commenting or my language having abit crack , as u say u have been looking on here for 18 months , had to be a few e52 posts u could of had a but crack on , even the not gd ones 🙈🙈enjoy your bus is all about smile per gallon ❤️❤️

I think another thing is the fact that there's similar vehicles to the E52 (Citroen C4 Space tourer as one example) that are commonplace.
I had never heard of the spacetourer. However, now I looked it up, how is it similar to an E52? :worried:

Back