• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

E51 Interior Rattles?

Yep mine does it from the sliding door cards.
I have never had a car that rattles so much. The only comforting factor is that ive put 2 other Elgrand owners in my car and they did not notice anything making me believe they all are the same.

I am in a similar situation. Most of the rattles come from the left side sliding door and from the rear sunroof area ( due to aftermarket alpine screen) I am planning to get rid of it but it has really nice ambient light which I will be sad to see them go.

don't know how to remove it but had the same thing was driving me nuts adjusted the door so many times but it turned out to be the door card sliding rubber cut from an old car matt between the window and the door card made a huge difference just don't open the rear window or it falls to the road ,(must stick it some how).
Last night I jammed my partners hand bag on the foot well of the RH sliding door putting pressure on the door card.
No noise!

Last night I jammed my partners hand bag on the foot well of the RH sliding door putting pressure on the door card.
No noise!
That's what I did but using a 5ltr water container ,worked a treat for a while but now it has loosened the top of the card due to the pressure on the bottom ,:joy:

Anyone else drive there partners crazy with mentioning about squeaks and rattles?!
Currently it sounds like I have a nest of pigeons in the rear and a really annoying rattle between the headliner and front sunroof to locate, other than that I still love my Elgrand! :joy:
I found that the roof lining at the back of the front sunroof is attached with Velcro which comes loose, makes a squeaking noise which makes it sound like its further in the back inside. I just get my Playboy magazine, roll it up between the roof lining and roof, stops the squeaking and something pleasant to look at, just gives a crick in the neck.šŸ˜‹)

Back