• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

Beeping noise driving me mad!

Pguijarro

Active Newbie
Scotland
Reaction score
First Name
Philippe
Elgrand
Looking to buy
Region
Scotland
Hi - I changed the battery on my Elgrand last week. All is fine however this morning it started beeping with a symbol on the dashboard flashing (red car with a key symbol in it). The only way I can get it to stop is by turning on the engine. Even when the car is locked and no one is in it the beeping doesn’t stop. I thought it may be the battery in the key which I have now changed for a new one but it still happens. Any idea what to do to stop it?

Thanks

Possibly sunroof not fully closed if you have one.

Any chance you have left another key in the car?

Maybe the chip in the fob has un-synched itself from the immobiliser after the battery swap out, try to lock the car with the key and open with the fob or lock and unlock with the key then try the fob.

Thanks - have tried that and no difference. The car definitely recognises the key as it won’t start without the key inside

Do you have a DVD/NAV unit in the glovebox? Clutching at straws here......

Hi - yes have one of those in the glove box

Someone had a beeping, it ended up being that they had taken out the men card from the dash cam and it was that, that was beeping......

Any updates? My Elgrand just started doing this yesterday! I also changed my battery as well and the same thing happened since 2 days ago. :(

I think the last person who reported this found that there was a non compatible disc in the DVD player.

I changed battery in bus ( as all do eventually)
Got more lights on dash is red key when passenger door opened closed.
Most modern cars have a learning process, ie open all doors close all doors, windows, sun roof bla, bla.
So after a period it will learn, ( well mine did)
That's what I found, mow all good.

Try locking and unlocking 5 times using the remote key from outside the van. The another 5 times using the door button outside.
I've had weird things with mine and doing lots of locking and unlocking from outside seemed to work

Back