• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

Anyone know what possibly could be wrong with this bike?

Richard Fox

Double Elgrand Obession!
Premium Member
E51 Owner
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Elgrand
E51
My son's mate is preparing to do his bike exam here in The Netherlands in the next few months and found this Kawasaki for sale.
Apparently the guy isn't very mechanically minded so its being sold as a non runner. He's got the guy down to 400 euros is it worth it?
Sounds to me like a fuel issue or maybe no spark??

IMG_4974.PNGIMG_4973.PNGIMG_4972.PNG

how long is a piece of string ??? first thing has it got fuel and is it getting to the carbs ? a lot of bikes have vacuum fuel taps and they can fail, but they have a PRI (prime) position which will let the fuel flow to the carbs, then next check for a spark at the plugs.

Whip a plug out and check for a spark. Could be as simple as a duff one. Fresh fuel in it. Chances are, the carbs are gummed up if it's sat for a while. Similar to my old Bandit 6. It's a pretty basic bike and parts are easily available still. Piss easy to work on.

Whip a plug out and check for a spark. Could be as simple as a duff one. Fresh fuel in it. Chances are, the carbs are gummed up if it's sat for a while. Similar to my old Bandit 6. It's a pretty basic bike and parts are easily available still. Piss easy to work on.
Definitely worth 500 European beans as a project.

After studying the video i noticed that the Kill switch was on, so get it bought before the seller notices.

yeah piss easy to work on IF you know what you are doing, not so if you don't know how bikes work.

yeah piss easy to work on IF you know what you are doing, not so if you don't know how bikes work.
I used to have my B6 down to an art. Full service in 15 minutes. Another 15 minutes to have the carbs off. After playing around with the jetting one too many times and finally realising..... it's just a B6. It was my first "big" bike though. Then I got on a B12 and nearly shit my pants when I first cracked the throttle open.šŸ˜…

I used to have my B6 down to an art. Full service in 15 minutes. Another 15 minutes to have the carbs off. After playing around with the jetting one too many times and finally realising..... it's just a B6. It was my first "big" bike though. Then I got on a B12 and nearly shit my pants when I first cracked the throttle open.šŸ˜…
the bandit 1200 is a great bike, im on my 7th !!!!!! never had a green one :)

Attachments

• 20240127_130104.jpg
    20240127_130104.jpg
    484.9 KB · Views: 5
the bandit 1200 is a great bike, im on my 7th !!!!!! never had a green one :)
Always wanted a green one. Had to make do with black. I'm looking at picking up another at some point, after selling my Enfield 650 last year. Miss being on two wheels. It's the longest I've ever been without a bike.

Always wanted a green one. Had to make do with black. I'm looking at picking up another at some point, after selling my Enfield 650 last year. Miss being on two wheels. It's the longest I've ever been without a bike.
started riding 46odd years ago and never been without at least one bike, my Mrs says i love bikes more than her :rolleyes: as if !!!!!!
plenty of B12's out their but good ones are starting to go up in price.

Another side to the coin could be the old ā€œ Iā€™m not mechanically mindedā€ ploy when a serious fault exists

Does it have a side stand kill switch

Back