• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

Wow this is frightening

Hasn't the guy been arrested since and charged with dangerous driving
I haven't yet watched all the video. If he was making it all up and charged with dangerous driving it would remind me of the incident a few years ago when a lorry driver claimed much the same kind of thing but had actually intentionally disabled his truck speed limiter and intentionally driven it flat out as long as he could when he could have stopped if he'd wanted to, that wagon driver was charged and sent for psychological evaluation iIrc...

I haven't yet watched all the video. If he was making it all up and charged with dangerous driving it would remind me of the incident a few years ago when a lorry driver claimed much the same kind of thing but had actually intentionally disabled his truck speed limiter and intentionally driven it flat out as long as he could when he could have stopped if he'd wanted to, that wagon driver was charged and sent for psychological evaluation iIrc...
I've not watched any of it but it was on the news couple of days later saying he had been arrested and charged

I've not watched any of it but it was on the news couple of days later saying he had been arrested and charged
If so and if fame / infamoumy was his motive he seems to have got his way, except maybe for the bit about going to jail and being labelled a psycho :grinning:

Smells a bit like a fraudulent claim against JaguarLandRover to me.
Yup, remember last guy who Had Police chasing him saying brakes had gone, he ended up dead into the back of a trailer, think it was a VW or Audi any who they could find no evidence of failure and data showed no attempt to brake and accelerator being used, they only got the last 10s of date as the ECU was destroyed but SRS system holds last 10s of data.

The Jag is in one piece and they will have access to all the data, the brake systems although still hydraulic has lots of control built in via the car itself so the possibility of something going wrong is greatly increased, but if brakes failed there would also have to be a failure of the accelerator as he ended up doing 100mph at one point.

Electric cars have regen too, so lifting off recharges the battery and does a great job of slowing you down so your looking at a system wide failure.

Be interesting to see what comes out, I a would also take anything jaguar say with a pinch of salt, car conglomerates have a history of being less than honest.

Whilst this one looks like just some idiot driving i can confirm that this has happened though, along with a few other "major" problems with this model, I had to investigate one myself last year after the brakes failed (we were the last company to install into the car), could not find a fault, also had another just shut down doing 70 on a dual carriageway in Wales, no steering, no brakes, no nothing, lasted a few seconds then restarted, once restarted the heater was on flat out constantly and the indicators would not turn off, not flashing, just on on. didnt investigate this one myself but engineer who did could not find fault, both went back to JLR, havent heard anything since.

This is quite disconcerting as I drive one of these🫤

Well, what do we expect from the overpackage, over-engineered milk float technology from a time gone by, stick to my old petrols until they eventually Ulez them off the road everywhere (buy diesel, save the planet ha!!) :innocent::confused:

Back