• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

windscreen's

bikerToe

Premium Member
North West
E51 Owner
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Elgrand
E51
Region
North West
i was just wondering about windscreens for our van's ? i don't need one but are they available here in the UK just in case ?

Generally only from breakers. Import from Japan is expensive. I contacted Pilkington/Triplex Classic to see if they would consider making them given how many Elgrands there are in the UK but disappointingly they weren't interested.

Generally only from breakers. Import from Japan is expensive. I contacted Pilkington/Triplex Classic to see if they would consider making them given how many Elgrands there are in the UK but disappointingly they weren't interested.
Would they be interested if you/me/we tried a moral argument? Maybe asking the business that although it might not seem profitable, money should be the last thing on a businesses mind and in producing a dedicated Elgrand glass, ask how they'd feel knowing that they'll have done a public service/good and made people's lives better.

As lpgc says. Loads have had them replaced through autoglass. Sometimes takes them a few times to get the right one though. Ie. Heated, or UV protection etc
Edit:
Advisable to check whether you have screen replacement on your insurance as they cost over a grand to buy new yourself

just had a look on the Autoglass website, a chip repair cost Ā£225 šŸ˜² still, cheaper than a grand for a new one. :rolleyes:

I had a repair the other day, Ā£55 I recall.

The previous owner of mine had the screen replaced. A chip would have cost Ā£200 to repair. He put a hammer to it and paid 150 quid excess for a new screen "apparently".

I assume Autoglass can get the front screens, as they replaced my rear one for me last year. It took a week for them to get it, but they did a great job, and I only had to pay Ā£75 excess. Everyone needs to check what cover their insurance gives them on windscreens, before you need one. I have heard that some have a high excess, but must still be cheaper than having to pay for it yourself.

Back