• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

    You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

    Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

    Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

Window replacement

glyn1884

Active Newbie
Midlands
Messages
21
Reaction score
12
Points
53
Location
Stoke on Trent
First Name
glyn
Elgrand
Looking to buy
Region
Midlands
Has anyone had experience in replacing the sliding doors glass with a bonded type like on the T5 conversions with slide window in central position.
 
Has anyone had experience in replacing the sliding doors glass with a bonded type like on the T5 conversions with slide window in central position.
Hi the sliding door glass are not bonded in they are hinged and can open your problem would be to find a glass panel that fits the opening
 
Yes, bonded glass replacements for sliding doors are quite popular, especially like the T5 conversions you mentioned. They give a cleaner, factory-style finish and allow for a central sliding window that improves ventilation without compromising strength. The key is having it done by professionals who use the right bonding materials and seals to prevent leaks or rattles. If you’re considering this type of upgrade, you can check out Warrior Windows and Doors for expert advice and reliable installation options. https://warriorwindowsinc.com/
 
Last edited:
Thank you for the help and tip , I did look at the website but all I could see were building windows,could I be looking at the wrong one .
Thank you one again.
 
Has anyone had experience in replacing the sliding doors glass with a bonded type like on the T5 conversions with slide window in central position.
I would be surprised if you could get one off the shelf as I have never seen one on an Elgrand and can't see that there would be much call for them but would possibly be able get one made although I would have thought it would not be cheap and if it was me I would want it exactly matching the factory tint which I am not sure could be done.

Most likely the best option would be to take the window out and take it to a glazier and ask there advice on whether they could make for you with the opening although I suspect that they will only want to supply the glass and leave you to source and fit the runners and bond it in your self

I do know that any standard black tinted glass designed for UK cars is unlikely to be as dark as the tint on the Elgrand from when I had mine limo tinted that they measured the level of tint and the front was over the legal limit for what is allowed on UK cars and they also told me that the rears were quite a bit darker than is typical on UK cars.

Also quite strange but the previous reply from dickgitmann is the 1st post by this poster who joined the forum at 6.22 and made his 1st post above at 6.24 who gives his address as Casa Grande which is in Arizona from a google search and the only Warrior Windows and Doors that I can find is in Australia and even if they made what you want which they do not would be a non starter due to location.

There is a Warrior Doors based in Birmingham which is the one that I think you have already found which again does not seem to be any use to you.
 
Last edited:
Pretty sure we have some AI bots in this thread...
 
Please don't click the link above it's obvious spam
 
Back
Top