• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

Where can I buy an Elgrand?

Silly question but where do I find the trade section
keeping scrolling down the main forum page and you will get there or you can jump via below links...

as a new member would some one explain to me the function the process the possible savings and pit falls of using a uk importer in buying a Elgrand in the UK oppose from buying from a car dealerThankyou.

as a new member would some one explain to me the function the process the possible savings and pit falls of using a uk importer in buying a Elgrand in the UK oppose from buying from a car dealerThankyou.

Nowadays the savings have lessened a bit due to an increase in auction prices in Japan. In general you could expect to save around £2000 on the price of the vehicle using an importer. You'd be able to specify what you're looking for and wait for it to come up in Japan. That being said you often have to be patient if your spec list is long.

The other side of this is that the risk is totally on you once the vehicle has been won. Although the importer will likely do any work required, it would be your vehicle from the point of winning and additional work likely isn't included in their base commission for sourcing the vehicle. You wouldn't have any warranty etc so would be taking the risk that the vehicle is a good one.

The process can also take around 3 months or more depending on how long it takes to find what you're looking for.

My personal choice was to be able to see what I was buying in the flesh before parting with my cash and I was happy to pay the extra for that privilege so ended up with a top notch vehicle.

I now have a better idea of the options of where to purchase a Elgrand from.
My next question is about, price has members seen a change in the cost of purchasing an Elgrand compared with say last year, and is there a best time to buy!

Prices have definitely risen in recent months.

Uk dealer prices are far from scary .

We bought from Vine Place and despite having knowledge of alternatives with potential £savings we would have no hesitation from buyng from Dave at Vine Place again .

Prices have definitely risen. Auction prices in Japan have gone up in the last year, making it harder to source vehicles of quality.

This is why you're seeing far more 2.5 models around nowadays (cheaper at auction) we're still managing to pick up grade 4, 3.5's, but it certainly costs more. That being said, they're still great value vehicles for the money and well worth the purchase.

I personally don't see prices going down anytime soon, but elgrands are also propped up by the second hand market in a way. Many private sales have sellers looking to sell for similar prices to quite a few fresh imports. This means that if you do need to move on, you won't necessarily lose a lot of value.

Uk dealer prices are far from scary .

We bought from Vine Place and despite having knowledge of alternatives with potential £savings we would have no hesitation from buyng from Dave at Vine Place again .
I bought my 3.5 from Dave @ vine place last year. So easy to deal with👍🏻

I’m planning to go through a dealer/garage to get an Elgrand, just wondering if there are an tips on things to check, like documentation, to make sure they’re legit. Have heard stories of mileage being changed, recalls not being done etc and want to make sure I don’t buy a dud!

There a numerous checks you can make. Click on my beginners guide below for an insight.

I’m planning to go through a dealer/garage to get an Elgrand, just wondering if there are an tips on things to check, like documentation, to make sure they’re legit. Have heard stories of mileage being changed, recalls not being done etc and want to make sure I don’t buy a dud!
Vine Place without a doubt imo .
A pleasure to buy from with all documentation, mileage check cert., undersealed , cats done . Always a great selection at very reasonable prices .

Vine Place without a doubt imo .
A pleasure to buy from with all documentation, mileage check cert., undersealed , cats done . Always a great selection at very reasonable prices .
Thanks for the recommendation, not horrendously far from me so will check them out!

Just put a deposit down on a 2006 3.5 4WD from Vine Place!!! Dave has been incredibly helpful and impressions so far have been good! Should be arriving in the UK in Sept, can’t wait to get it now!

Facebook marketplace for me, have had my eye on a jap import van forever with Ellie's looking the most bad-ass but my heart was not completely set.

With goings on in life I thought enough is enough I'm getting a camper NOW and it coukd have gone many ways. Realistically getting an Ellie would mean a long drive out, and it had to be lpg, I was gonna visit a place in South Wales while running in Brecon Beacons but as chance would have it I stumbled across one just over the river Humber in Hull, very reasonably priced and lpg (it only mentioned this deep into the advert, I almost scrolled on by)!

Text the guy and he said a guy coming in morning to view and another in the evening but he had told them it's first cone first served -I said I can set off now! The rwdt is history and I'm so glad I this was the path I ended down. 🤗

hey guys, what is the difference between rider autech and rider s autech?

but most of the Autechs have leather seats

Back