• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

whats with kids these days ?

I've been wondering if Canada may be a better place to live.
My cousin emigrated to Canada and loves it. Population is half that of th UK so that means 4 people per square km, UK being 276 people per square km. Here we have 118 people per square km.

In the almost three years that I've lived in France I've never seen any such unruliness. Not saying it doesn't happen, but there a much higher importance put on family values.
Your right my dad lived in the south of France for 9 years been home for about 6 years now but family values were a big thing over there I was always welcomed and made to feel like one of the family.

Different countries, different cultures.
I can't imagine Japan having too much of it either

Look up videos of some streets in Japan that have turned into rubbish dumps, since a recent spell of "cultural enrichment" 😐

Last edited:
My cousin emigrated to Canada and loves it. Population is half that of th UK so that means 4 people per square km, UK being 276 people per square km. Here we have 118 people per square km.

Canada was a bit far for us to move with out budget, and familial needs, so we chose the far north. There are 5 people per km² here, which is not far off. Compared to the rest of UK it is certainly more bearable.

Canada was a bit far for us to move with out budget, and familial needs, so we chose the far north. There are 5 people per km² here, which is not far off. Compared to the rest of UK it is certainly more bearable.
You don't get much rain there, either 😳☔🌧️

We have a generation of 30 somethings who decided not to bring up their kids with manners.
I just pray these kids don't have their own kids in the future.

.....and the roads are paved with Gold, or Pound coins as the case maybe.

😜

We're in the process of applying for an Australian visa. My kids have no chance in this shitshow of a country
i was gona move their as they where crying out for mechanics, but decided against it as we wouldn't see our older kids and the rest of the family.

i was gona move their as they where crying out for mechanics, but decided against it as we wouldn't see our older kids and the rest of the family.
Bit of a different scenario for you. I'm going to primarily give my daughter's a better life.

I've been wondering if Canada may be a better place to live.
I have family in British Columbia, prior to that they were in Alberta. In winter they have days when it's too cold to go outside, in summer they have problems with smoke from wild fires. Last year's fires came within an hour's drive of where they live. On a hike up the local mountain they encountered a female brown bear and two cubs.

The only downside to Canada I'm aware of is they have a bigger problem with fentanyl than we do.

broken Britain indeed, don't like whats happening to this country, what happened to freedom of speech ? you can't call a bloke in a dress a bloke anymore, if you do you go to jail !!!!!!
Well JKR did this and she's still free, wasn't even arrested.
Protesters holding up small signs, even blank sheets of A4 paper, have been arrested.

We have a generation of 30 somethings who decided not to bring up their kids with manners.
I just pray these kids don't have their own kids in the future.
There’s one thing they’re good at and that’s breeding ..

I started replying to this thread so many times, there are so many worrying stats and correlations about kids who have gone through the care system and the prison population, kids from one parent families, the way social media and schools promote narcissism and celebrate the humdrum over achievement, we're on a race to the bottom where there are no winners. Sadly this generation will almost certainly be the very first that is unlikely to surpass the previous in productivity, creativity and innovation. If that feels too depressing, find the movie "Idiocracy" on Netflix (or similar) to put a comedic twist on the descent of man...

Back