• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

    You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

    Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

    Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

WHAT THE FUCK???!!!!

Q: Why would/do a poster adjust their settings as to not want other people to know that their online?
 
Avoiding further embarrassment....like Former EoC considering buying a Peugeot (despite it's chocolate fireguard level emissions systems...yep, TWO things that don't work/go wrong hideously).
* Goes to hide online status*
 
Avoiding further embarrassment....like Former EoC considering buying a Peugeot (despite it's chocolate fireguard level emissions systems...yep, TWO things that don't work/go wrong hideously).
* Goes to hide online status*
I thought it was just a cry for help.


👍
 
I've never used any of the privacy options myself.

In addition to all the reasons others have already mentioned maybe some people don't want to appear rude if reading the forum but with no intention of posting or replying on any threads / messages.
 
I've never used any of the privacy options myself.

In addition to all the reasons others have already mentioned maybe some people don't want to appear rude if reading the forum but with no intention of posting or replying on any threads / messages.
I inadvertently deleted my birthday, I was really upset when nobody mentioned it.

I also found that there were lots of people following me.
IMG_7141.jpeg
 
I wonder if it also runs through other aspects of the person's life. Meaning 'that's what their like' and do that sort of stuff in many areas of life. Not a criticism of it; it's up to them of course, just an observation/theory.
 
I inadvertently deleted my birthday, I was really upset when nobody mentioned it.

I also found that there were lots of people following me

Happy belated Birthday. I stopped following the birthday thread, if the forum has thousands of members following that thread means similar to having to send tens of birthday wishes every day and sometimes forgetting so seeming rude. Damned if you do and damned if you don't but I can live without typing Happy Birthday 20 times per day lol.
 
I've never used any of the privacy options myself.

In addition to all the reasons others have already mentioned maybe some people don't want to appear rude if reading the forum but with no intention of posting or replying on any threads / messages.
I’ve found this to be absolutely true as “certain” people really do just like to watch
 
  • Like
Reactions: Bal
I’ve found this to be absolutely true as “certain” people really do just like to watch
They are called lurkers, every site has them.

Also known as freeloaders.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Bal
Back
Top