• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

WHAT THE FUCK???!!!!

I used to live at the bottom of Runway 4 in Hounslow. Planes were literally 50 feet above the roof of my flat. Never needed an alarm clock. 5.30am on the dot. Couldn't hang anything on the walls or put things on shelves without them being rattled off,too. I fucking hated that place.

I used to live at the bottom of Runway 4 in Hounslow. Planes were literally 50 feet above the roof of my flat. Never needed an alarm clock. 5.30am on the dot. Couldn't hang anything on the walls or put things on shelves without them being rattled off,too. I fucking hated that place.

I remember going to stay with my mum in Perth (Australia) in 2001. The house she bought was on the flight path of Perth Airport. It was much the same with planes flying right over the top of her house. You could see the writing on the wheels/tyres! ✈️

I remember going to stay with my mum in Perth (Australia) in 2001. The house she bought was on the flight path of Perth Airport. It was much the same with planes flying right over the top of her house. You could see the writing on the wheels/tyres! ✈️
It used to be hell in summer. Couldn't open the windows as the house would stink of aviation fuel.

Bristol 1978/9 in the days of those white cotton socks that looked like they were made of terry towelling.
Owner of bogs was providing damp cut up squares of newspaper, I used the last square in my trap but hadn't finished. I walked out with just one sock, the other was decidedly brown and got flushed.

Did you have plane spotters in your garden, or Hedge Chimps as they have been called.

I camped at the end of RAF Valleys runway in a place called Rhosneigr as a child, we all loved it, except my Mum who couldn’t wait to get home.

Fighter jets and jet trainers would take off and land early in the morning and late at night, usually two at a time and the height of a house above your head - as a treat my Dad would take us to the Mach Loop….i was so excited at what I saw I pi55ed my pants.

Last edited:
Did you have plane spotters in your garden, or Hedge Chimps as they have been called.

I camped at the end of RAF Valleys runway in a place called Rhosneigr as a child, we all loved it, except my Mum who couldn’t wait to get home.

Fighter jets and jet trainers would take off and land early in the morning and late at night, usually two at a time and the height of a house above your head - as a treat my Dad would take us to the Mach Loop….i was so excited at what I saw I pi55ed my pants.

Bloomers! I got this on the dog walk one morning!!! I think I need a bigger camera ... 😆

20231214_212503.jpg

20240509_170937.jpg

My WTF moment of the year.

Outside chatting with a neighbour, car pulls up. "Do you want a workshop manual for your Elgrand" ummmm "Yes please!?"

Off he drove and a few minutes later came back with the above. WTF! How nice was that! He has a box of spares he doesn't want too. What a nice guy. 😊

Elgranders are just the best.

Last edited:
Anyone after this import? $15K
:eek:

1715450596755.jpeg1715450616131.jpeg

Does anyone else get p*ssed off with rear occupants slamming the sliding doors?! They have soft close function for a reason!
Had to say something after the sixth time! lol

Does anyone else get p*ssed off with rear occupants slamming the sliding doors?! They have soft close function for a reason!
Had to say something after the sixth time! lol
I have that in my other car when I'm taking my lads mates to footy...fuckin filling rattler..🦷

I did used to get them in my block, trying to access the roof. I was also blocked in whilst going to work a night shift because of some rare plane that was leaving at 10pm that evening.

Had to say something after the sixth

...and people coming along and then just grabbing the sliding door from the outside to 'have a look' and trying to yank the door open as you scream .... "it's electric, let it go!!!" 😫

...and people coming along and then just grabbing the sliding door from the outside to 'have a look' and trying to yank the door open as you scream .... 'it's electric, let it go!!! 😫
Hand carwash guys are a nightmare opening the sliding doors, i get them back when they open the tailgate though.....those struts i fitted are lethal. 🫣😆

I have that in my other car when I'm taking my lads mates to footy...fuckin filling rattler..🦷
Did anyone mention checking the seat belt was fully retracted before slamming the front door over AND OVER again. You know who you are :mad:

Back