• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

WHAT THE FUCK???!!!!

So reported it to Surrey Police yesterday evening on-line and just received a very helpful follow-up call from an investigator asking for witness CCTV and still photo's. Was surprised by such a quick response, but I guess with all the evidence it's easy pickings?
So left the van in the sun yesterday and the dent on the front bumped has reset as good as new, so all I have to work on is the red scratch, wont need an insurance claim. Booked my pop top canvass replacement with Sugoi campers (good price). As the fridge is gone, now looking for a 12/240v cool box 40 ltr+, any good recommendations would be welcome (for the cool box)?

1715009750367.png

I am on my second one of these. I had the last one for 5 years before I moved to Spain, then 20 years later it came back with me and was still working really well. I donated it to a dog rescue charity for their fundraising events and just recently upgraded to this one.

It's the same size as my previous one - 28 litres, as I keep food chilled in this, with a few drinks laid out across the bottom (with a few icepacks) and then drinks for the first day or two, in a smaller coolbox. It makes sense for me to not keep all my drinks in the same place as food, as I open mine far more for drinks and snacks when away, than for meals, meaning I can keep the coolbox nice and cool without using too much power.

I was considering getting a fridge, but as I don't plan on going away for more than a few days at a time initially, (maybe 4 nights max) it made sense to get a coolbox for now.

They are reduced from £120 to £70 on Amazon at the moment and worth every penny in my mind.

@Carolina thank you, looks good, my advice is that fridge is an expensive outlay (we had a Waeco) and it was expensive 8 years ago and it has to be fitted-in and to be honest for many months of the year a fridge is redundant. We can rotate a cool box through our vehicles and have it in the garden as required.

That's what has been on my mind, portabliity. I use coolboxes at home for parties and like to run them from my various power stations. Anything too big would be impossible for me to cart around and something too powerful would just not work for very long.

I briefly had a Waeco twin top when I was in Spain, soon found it wasn't for me and sold it to a friend with a caravan. If I was the sort of camper that went for weeks at a time, all through the year, then I would probably want a fridge.

Storing them when not in use, is not a problem as one fits inside the other!

Last edited:
On Saturday, the brother in law, who lives in the midlands was down and I showed him around the Elgrand. He really liked it......and said 'how come you didn't get the Volkswagen one' (transporter) :eek:

On Saturday, the brother in law, who lives in the midlands was down and I showed him around the Elgrand. He really liked it......and said 'how come you didn't get the Volkswagen one' (transporter) :eek:
Oh mate, you can pick your friends but ……………..

Online Safety Bill has some saying it's not gone far enough and the tech companies should do more.....
I've got a radical idea.....how about you, as a parent, exercise some parental responsibility and oversight, educate your kids and DON'T give a eight year old a frikkin' smartphone or allow your 13 year old to roam the internet without so much as a a "what you looking at?"
I know the self declaration of age is an honour system that's entirely laughable, but it's not a tech company responsibility to monitor and police what YOUR children are doing online. Their responsibility is to make money for their shareholders. That fact that Tarquin, Jemima et al are being influenced/harmed/exploited is not entirely their problem to solve.
But hey, "won't somebody think of the children??" handwringing and finger pointing beats taking responsibility.

Something is fundamentally wrong when I can apparently, legitimately pin all the blame for things I ordered my children do on some faceless corporation and avoid all reasonable and fair scrutiny. Just because something is complex and uncomfortable doesn't mean questions can't/shall not be asked.

The other week a neighbour beeped me because I pulled out of a junction (quiet neighbourhood), and didn't see him in my A pillar.
When I saw him I said these really odd words. I said phrases along the lines of 'I was in the wrong', 'it was my fault', 'I made a mistake', 'I didn't see you'
Guess what, as a man my w*lly is still the same size (unfortunately), it didn't make me 'weak', nor did it make me 'not hard' in a fight.

Screenshot_20240508-210604_littlelf smart.jpg

So, I live in Cumbria and this got picked up on one of my security cameras.

I went to School not far from Tunbridge Wells and my Dad died a couple of years ago, in a home near Uckfield.

A bit of a shock to see.

P.S. the first live band (Bauhaus) I ever saw was in the Brighton Dome and if you've never seen Lewes Bonfire Night in person, you must go!!!

Last edited:
View attachment 101789

So, I live in Cumbria and this got picked up on one of my security cameras.

I went to School not far from Tunbridge Wells and my Dad died a couple of years ago, in a home near Uckfield.

A bit of a shock to see.

P.S. the first live band (Bauhaus) I ever saw was in the Brighton Dome and if you've never seen Lewes Bonfire Night in person, you must go!!!
What are the chances of that bus going past your house, amazing. :)

Back
Top Bottom