• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

WHAT THE FUCK???!!!!

Just found out that the battery in my key fob needs replacing, had to get in by using the key. A bit worried that the ignition wouldn't work. Discovered that I don't have a spare CR2032 or near size battery, the CR2032 battery in my daughter's Focus key fob I've been looking after for 4 years appears to be dead as well as that didn't work when put into my key fob.
I will be walking or on the bus to the shops in the morning.
@George322 just as well you didn't need to take me up on my offer, mind you I could have found out a bit sooner :laughing:
New battery inserted and tested, normal service has been resumed. Ignition key worked fine first thing this morning, I didn't push the ignition barrell hard enough before turning the key.

miserable Elgrand driver, its another white one and he lives a few streets away from me, we've past each other a few times now and just gives me a dirty look ???? feck him.

they all look the same !!!!
It's these smaller SUV's, I struggle to tell the difference between a Ford Kuga and whatever Hyundai, Kia and Nissan churn out, not that I'm arsed though coz I've got an Elgrand and they haven't 👍

Just found out that the battery in my key fob needs replacing, had to get in by using the key. A bit worried that the ignition wouldn't work. Discovered that I don't have a spare CR2032 or near size battery, the CR2032 battery in my daughter's Focus key fob I've been looking after for 4 years appears to be dead as well as that didn't work when put into my key fob.
I will be walking or on the bus to the shops in the morning.
@George322 just as well you didn't need to take me up on my offer, mind you I could have found out a bit sooner :laughing:
Get the fob battery changed at a main dealer, they will use specially trained Nissan technicians who will do a better job. Book it in and if they can't fit you in for a week or so, don't use the car. It'll be worth it in the end to have it changed at a main dealership.

Get the fob battery changed at a main dealer, they will use specially trained Nissan technicians who will do a better job. Book it in and if they can't fit you in for a week or so, don't use the car. It'll be worth it in the end to have it changed at a main dealership.
If this is advice then it's to late and I would have ignored it.
If it's humour then 😂😂😂😂😂.

Just WTF is going on where Retailer X etc will sell you electric scooters you can't legally use, LED replacement bulbs that aren't actually road legal and insurance companies can pluck 4 digit figures for renewal that triples your costs?
Potholes are multiplying like rabbits and, quelle surprise, the garages have just added an extra 2p per litre last night. How the nearest Texaco station stays in business at 10p per litre more than Tesco and Morrisons, even Shell who they manage to charge more than....
Seriously just had a conversation about going down to 1 car.
And tpmtop of it all off, I get to waste several hours fighting my way up toe the lakes along with world plus dog tomorrow.
Deep Joy.

just had a renewal from RAC last year £134.76 this year £259.79 wtf nothing has changed i think i will be ringing around
Why does it seem EVERYONE in literally all businesses are doing this

((259.79-134.76)/(134.76)) X 100 = 93% increase :eek:

Is the rate of inflation 93%
Nuts

Don't want to go into politics, but this IS a massive result of Covid lockdowns.
Totally shutting down the world's economy for months on end, only partially re-opening certain sectors for months on end, literally the world over, whom are all interlinked.
I wonder if hardly any of these inflation generated (and taking the P) price rises would have occurred if the world's economy wasn't shut down/or partially shut down for 1-2 years.

Back