• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

What made you buy an Elgrand?

Saw one and thought "that is cool,WTF is it".found the forum,realised there were a load of helpful knowledgeable folk here which eased my concerns about buying a Japanese import,then bought one off a member who had one going spare.Best purchasing decision I ever made,still smile every time I fire her up(even at 4.30am leaving for work).😉

Wanted a Japanese mpv to convert into a campervan.Saw a nice looking XL e51 advertised at a dealer.
Went to view it and it had been sold.The other half falls in love with silver Rider on display.Still haven't had the conversion done after nearly three years!

Hi) I bought El50 because: 1. This is a tractor. Rather, I had to lift it by 8cm and put on big rubber. 2. This is an unkillable, immortal QD32. 3. Transmission from Nissan Terrano R50. 4. Huge salon.

I was originally looking at crew cab Vivaro's and Trafics, costs were really high for what they are and reliability poor, not to mention the crappy interior.

We need more space to fit a growing family, my Paramotor and a camping toilet for when I'm in the middle of nowhere. The Elgrand should be more than big enough for all these tasks. It's one of the more rare vans on the road and definitely one of the best looking.

Can't wait, just need DVLA to pull their finger out and get it registered.

I was originally looking at crew cab Vivaro's and Trafics, costs were really high for what they are and reliability poor, not to mention the crappy interior.
Nah, you just wanted to buy the one I wanted for the hell of it...hahah :p

Bit I know what you mean about the Vivaro reliability. Aren't they just rehashed Renault Masters? Mate of mine had one, munched it's own gearbox in under 10k. Twice.

Nah, you just wanted to buy the one I wanted for the hell of it...hahah :p

Bit I know what you mean about the Vivaro reliability. Aren't they just rehashed Renault Masters? Mate of mine had one, munched it's own gearbox in under 10k. Twice.

Haha mad to think if I'd arrived maybe 30 minutes later I'd have probably walked away without anything. Matt definitely had a few beers that night lol think he only had 1 left after that.

The Trafic, Vivaro and Primastar (TVP) were a joint collaboration between Renault, Vauxhall and Nissan. Renault ended up making the engines and gearbox etc... Might as well have been made out of cheese. I was on the owners club for a few months, there were so many people reporting issues with gearboxes, timing chain failures, injectors. I figured at that point I might as well just go for the Petrol drinking beast from the East.

Hi
Needed something with 4WD and large enough and comfortable to transport a 37" 66kg 19 month Wolfhound in.
Next year there will be 2 of them.
It’s why we got this one - mind you, ours wouldn’t make a mouthful for yours😂

Attachments

• A2077449-0D1B-4897-915F-47321A00A3E9.jpeg
    A2077449-0D1B-4897-915F-47321A00A3E9.jpeg
    120 KB · Views: 10
Expanding family (wife was expecting twins on top of the 3 older kids we already had) meant that I foolishly bought a chrysler voyager. Before that went to car heaven a lad a work showed me elgrands he'd spotted online. Fell in love straight away, always loved something a bit different, but had to wait a few years and go through a few other cars before I ground the missus down. Now we all love our Dumbo and can't imagine buying anything else in future. That's after 12 months of ownership and not yet utilising the full potential of the car, haven't slept out in it yet, havent met any of the great boys n girls on here yet, but that will all come...

Wanted an MPV to do 3 things - (i) take me (just me) away for a fun camping long weekend; (ii) load up 5 or 6 people for a fun day-trip somewhere and (iii) use to get me from A to B once or twice a week. Nothing else comes close to doing these things; and all done in comfort and safety. It's my freedom machine and a great toy to play with as well. Cheers

Wanted a large car with room for 4 adults and still have a massive boot , mate put me onto e50 wasn’t really many e51 back then , had to be best value mpv back then , my first e50 cost me £2k ( mind I had to refit complete rear seats and runners ) and if same was for sale now in same condition it would be £5k , so reasons are large and cheap , very reliable 3.2 derv motor

I loved the way they looked and the practicality for trips with the children, and of course the power. I bought mine before even driving one and gave up BMWs which i have been driving for the past 29 years. In love.

Back