• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

What made you buy an Elgrand?

VW phoned us to buy our Caravelle at a ridiculous price we couldn’t refuse.

Needing a 7 seater quick we bought the Elgrand as a cheapish stop gap to get us all about.

kids think it’s better than the VW and both me and the other half love driving it.

looks like it’s here to stay.
I know, whenever I look in the back at the kids they have the recliners up are look soo comfy. I have a Transporter for work and couldn't swap it for my Elgrand. Like I can drink my coffee while approaching junctions and roundabouts. That's a luxury I couldn't give up now.

Wanted a vehicle for day trips/overnight sleeps with the dog, and the Mrs, and a neighbour was doing a Transporter camper conversion himself. It seemed a nice idyllic idea, but I wasn't sold on a camper. Found out about the Elgrand after seeing another neighbour bought something called an 'Alphard' which I thought looked cool. I liked how you could lay the seats down (in the Elgrand) to make it bed-like.
Mrs was a bit more for the idea than me, at least initially.
3 months on from never hearing of an Elgrand, I got one :)
Will evaluate ownership after a year. If I/we like driving off for overnight stays (in the van) and look forward to doing that, all will be fine. If we go 'uh, it's alright, but is it really what you thought it'd be like?', then who knows.
It was bought for a slight lifestyle change from Spring/Summer. We don't go abroad anymore since we got the dog, so thought it'd be a way to make some memories another way, and with the dog, whom will love it.

Last edited:
I love these buses and my kids really wanted something spacious to travel around in. I won't lie, it's difficult to keep fuelling it as it's a daily driver. I don't earn a great deal, and what with 2 kids and a mortgage etc.....after only a month of owning it, I'm struggling financially. I'm hoping after a visit to Hampshire Elgrand Workshop next week, he can work his magic on it and, put my mind at rest. I've loved jumping into the World of Elgrands, everyone here has been friendly and welcoming. If only fuel prices would drop back down.....

I absolutely love my e52 series 3, 2.5ltr 2wd what's not to like she is an auto of course and she drives like a bute.I used to have a 4ltr GMC Safari day can, this was a pleasure to drive also, but I always wanted an Elgrand and when this came up on Facebook marketplace I thought sod it let's go take a look, bought it on the spot and never looked back. So many people look at it all the time, I have drivers pulling up at the lights and ask what do you think off the Elgrand bit juicy aren't they, I just smile and say mate, I don't think about how many miles per gallon just fill it up and drive to enjoy. I have a good friendly jap mechanic that doesn't mind me buying parts for him to fit, so I just pay for his knowledge and labour of course. I would always recommend buying an Elgrand. Happy driving to all that have bought one and hope you enjoy as much as I do. Also join the Elgrand owners forum for great advice. All the best from a 74 year old Elgrand driver.

Wanted a vehicle for day trips/overnight sleeps with the dog, and the Mrs, and a neighbour was doing a Transporter camper conversion himself. It seemed a nice idyllic idea, but I wasn't sold on a camper. Found out about the Elgrand after seeing another neighbour bought something called an 'Alphard' which I thought looked cool. I liked how you could lay the seats down (in the Elgrand) to make it bed-like.
Mrs was a bit more for the idea than me, at least initially.
3 months on from never hearing of an Elgrand, I got one :)
Will evaluate ownership after a year. If I/we like driving off for overnight stays (in the van) and look forward to doing that, all will be fine. If we go 'uh, it's alright, but is it really what you thought it'd be like?', then who knows.
It was bought for a slight lifestyle change from Spring/Summer. We don't go abroad anymore since we got the dog, so thought it'd be a way to make some memories another way, and with the dog, whom will love it.
Yes this is why I opted for one. Overnight trips with the kids - hopefully going to stick a roof on it, a leisure battery and a modular kitchen unit it it, then we’re good to go.

Upgraded my tent to a caravan.. then upgraded to a motorhome... Then upgraded to my Ellie... More convenient than a motorhome... Albeit that there is no shower or toilet in it... But all the campsites I've been to have these amenities 😅😅😅😅

Back