• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

    You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

    Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

    Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

What have you done to your Elgrand today?

View attachment 121376neighbours son decided to pay my van a visit late yesterday, mom and dad don't want to go through insurance due to his age they want to sent it to a garage for repair only one place I would send it to and that @msl parts,it was late I had a few beers so told them we will sort it today
Oh no mate. That looks nasty. I would as others have said go the insurance route.
Hope it's sorted soon.
 
Yer it's going to cost new tailgate rear bumper side body work ,mslpartsltd are coming over this afternoon to have a look at it I think it's a new replacement required have given neighbour some details of van o line the same age 2007 AWD 3.5 S3 £9500 lower spec one round 7000 to 9000 the lowest one is an S2 rider s but it's a diesel
 
Binging pick up by mslpartsltd tomorrow morning they will have quote later in the day at which point I think it will be an insurance job the drivers rear corner has been pushed over to the passenger side the panels on the inside have moved and have broken clips and as it's AWD I have told repair shop I want the AWD system check with a written report to confirm findings so watch ⌚ this space
 
View attachment 121376neighbours son decided to pay my van a visit late yesterday, mom and dad don't want to go through insurance due to his age they want to sent it to a garage for repair only one place I would send it to and that @msl parts,it was late I had a few beers so told them we will sort it today
Sorry to read this mate.
 
Yer it's going to cost new tailgate rear bumper side body work ,mslpartsltd are coming over this afternoon to have a look at it I think it's a new replacement required have given neighbour some details of van o line the same age 2007 AWD 3.5 S3 £9500 lower spec one round 7000 to 9000 the lowest one is an S2 rider s but it's a diesel
That is shit mate definitely go through insurance major work there hope you get sorted without any loss
 
Changed a front headlamp bulb in my black E51 that's been out for a couple of weeks (though not needed because I haven't driven in the dark for a few weeks). Thought it might've been the ballast so was pleased when changing the bulb fixed it.

Used the black one for a tip run, dumped some very old rusted tanks (not from Elgrands), they were in the way of access to the VQ35 engine I have in the yard that I removed from an Elgrand becuase it burned oil. I wanted the power steering pump off the scrap engine to fit on my black Elgrand because the pas pump has been playing up on the black one for around a year now and sometimes leaks / squirts a very small amount of pas fluid around the engine bay... Or at least I think and hope it is the pump and not the steering rack! Difficult to tell where exactly it's coming from and the other symptoms (like lack of power assistance) could point to the pump or the rack. Easier to change the pump so I might as well try that first.

In the coming days I'll be changing that pas pump, a front inner CV gator, and I might change the drop links while I'm at it. I measured what diameter my antiroll bar is a while ago, not sure where I wrote the measurements so will have to measure diameter again if I also go on to change the antiroll bar bushes.
 
View attachment 121376neighbours son decided to pay my van a visit late yesterday, mom and dad don't want to go through insurance due to his age they want to sent it to a garage for repair only one place I would send it to and that @msl parts,it was late I had a few beers so told them we will sort it today
Looks fairly repairable that. I could probably pull/ work most of that straight again but wouldn't be cheap repair that's for sure. Good luck getting it sorted though bud. Hope it stays on the road 🤞🤞🤞
 
On a customer Elgrand this morning - LPG service, not one I originally converted. Checked the engine oil dipstick which is something I do anytime I open the bonnet on a vehicle anyway... Nothing showing on the dipstick and it took 4 litres of oil to bring it up to the full mark. The new owner says it doesn't seem to smoke or leak any oil and I didn't see any smoke or obvious oil leaks but it's a good job I checked it and topped it up. The petrol ECU had stored error codes relating to the variable cam timing on both banks, which at first I suspected could be due to dodgy LPG setup and calibration because the injectors had too small nozzle size and this combined with the map the installer had set would have meant very lean running when the driver put their foot down... But I now reckon the VVT error codes would more likely be due to lack of oil.

On the LPG install fitted by a different installer - Heh, only a 60 litre LPG tank fitted that only fills to 80% so the tank only has working capacity of 48litres and a dodgy engine conversion with reducer fitted too high in the engine bay, injector nozzles too small and it all set up to give exteremly lean mixture when the driver puts their foot down / Versus one of my Elgrand conversions that has 93 litre tank that fills to 90% capacity so gives 84 litres working capacity and spot on correct mixture at all engine loads.
 
Binging pick up by mslpartsltd tomorrow morning they will have quote later in the day at which point I think it will be an insurance job the drivers rear corner has been pushed over to the passenger side the panels on the inside have moved and have broken clips and as it's AWD I have told repair shop I want the AWD system check with a written report to confirm findings so watch ⌚ this space
If you do end up going through insurance it might be worth considering going through a accident management company rather than your own insurance.

I had a similar sort of thing about a year ago when my Elgrand was hit whilst parked so a no fault claim and whilst no where near the damage that you have and like you I also wanted to use my own choice of repairer rather than one on my insurers panel.

I had cctv footage of the accident.

Informed my insurance company of the accident for information only.

Sent the video evidence off to the accident management company who sorted everything out direct with the repairer.

No loss of no claims, no excess to pay up front and no increase in premiums.

They arranged for a courtesy car to be delivered to me that even though I did not not need it my wife was able to use it so saved putting miles on her car and the work was all done in just over a week along with a few other bits that the repairer threw in for me.
 
I didn’t get to this in time for Mod Nats, but found a nice spare head unit and fitted it today in the E50, ready for the British GP trip… it was a quiet 4 hour trip to Mod Nats without a working stereo 🙄
Front speakers still don’t work yet… but that’s a challenge for another day…IMG_2917.jpeg
 
Aircon is less effective lately so assuming it had lost a bit of gas bought a recharge can from Halfords but as soon as I plugged it on it indicates that the low pressure side is high and that I should do nothing further except contact an expert. Bollox.
 
Aircon is less effective lately so assuming it had lost a bit of gas bought a recharge can from Halfords but as soon as I plugged it on it indicates that the low pressure side is high and that I should do nothing further except contact an expert. Bollox.
Engine running or not , if not then it’s possible for both sides to read high, can also read high on the low side if there’s too much refrigerant
At least I think that’s right————SIMON —- @Lpgc lol
 
Running. Last time I had it gassed the machine printed out that it had put in exactly the correct amount according to the bonnet sticker.
Also tried the guage on the wife's Micra which hasn't worked for a couple of years and the clutch doesn't even click on, I expected that to have zero gas but that also showed high low pressure.
 
Engine running or not , if not then it’s possible for both sides to read high, can also read high on the low side if there’s too much refrigerant
At least I think that’s right————SIMON —- @Lpgc lol

That's right Dave.

@Nevillerover Those Halfords kits have a gauge with a moveable dial that you can use to account for temperature etc? With those kits you're supposed to check the pressure on the low side with the engine running at idle? They're not the best method of regassing an AC system for sure, to do it properly you need to suck all the old stuff out, vacuum the system and refil with new refrigerant, really need pro equipment. I did an AC course and bought the pro equipment last year.
 
Binging pick up by mslpartsltd tomorrow morning they will have quote later in the day at which point I think it will be an insurance job the drivers rear corner has been pushed over to the passenger side the panels on the inside have moved and have broken clips and as it's AWD I have told repair shop I want the AWD system check with a written report to confirm findings so watch ⌚ this space
So sorry to read about this. Dreadful!
Sounds like the damage is severe/expensive. Heartbreaking, I'm sure 😢
 
Running. Last time I had it gassed the machine printed out that it had put in exactly the correct amount according to the bonnet sticker.
Also tried the guage on the wife's Micra which hasn't worked for a couple of years and the clutch doesn't even click on, I expected that to have zero gas but that also showed high low pressure.
Totally different than the pro's setups. The DIY kit needs the engine running and the aircon turned on front and rear to get a proper reading on the gauge.
 
Back
Top