• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

    You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

    Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

    Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

What have you done to your Elgrand today?

Went for a drive without the rear spoiler fitted today. Blimey, loss of rear traction was unbelievable, must have pirouetted five times.....
That’s nothing to do with the spoiler mate, sad to say the day has come , the day I always knew would come—— your bus now identifies as being French ( pirouetted indeed)
 
Had a go with the Halfords QX1 today, might as well have been G30 such was the mismatch. Looks like I'll need a decent 3 pack and will end up respraying the whole thing.
 
Had a go with the Halfords QX1 today, might as well have been G30 such was the mismatch. Looks like I'll need a decent 3 pack and will end up respraying the whole thing.

Never found a decent QX1 touch up pen, they all seem useless at colours matching!
 
Been moving more stuff!
Only a few more days to go and then the Elgrand can have a well deserved rest as its now nearly hit 305,500km!
Man the heat is insane, literally melting away!!
 
Fitted some orange tint to my fogs and did my black surrounds and lower grille with C5, brings plastic up great! Still got the front lip to sort out but not sure I'll have time before the show 😭
View attachment 121230
Looks very nice I like it. Loving the sun on the plate too
 
Had a go with the Halfords QX1 today, might as well have been G30 such was the mismatch. Looks like I'll need a decent 3 pack and will end up respraying the whole thing.

Never found a decent QX1 touch up pen, they all seem useless at colours matching!
One piece touch up pens are useless as both pearl and clear go cloudy .
I’m not 100% as I haven’t checked but I think “ chip ex “ do a kit that may be three part.
You could always experiment with such as an arctic white / white pearl and clear coat and see what you get ( not sure it can be done cheaper than spray cans though), but at least you can mix away and only use if happy ( testing on something else of course)
 
Today I tackled the underside of the spoiler, the black bit. I had a can of something called 'spoiler paint' on the shelf which says it gives a textured finish. It does give a nice finish but is a bit too textured for my liking so I'll give it bit of a rub with some 1500 wet and dry to level it a bit when it's fully dry. I'm thinking of repainting the top in a different colour instead of trying to match the QX1.

While I was in the swing of painting I also gave a coat of lens tint to my wing mirror indicator repeaters, something I've been meaning to do for ages and it does improve the overall aesthetic. No pictures as the rest of it is too dirty, mostly splattered bugs.
 
20260629_062811.jpgneighbours son decided to pay my van a visit late yesterday, mom and dad don't want to go through insurance due to his age they want to sent it to a garage for repair only one place I would send it to and that @msl parts,it was late I had a few beers so told them we will sort it today
 
View attachment 121376neighbours son decided to pay my van a visit late yesterday, mom and dad don't want to go through insurance due to his age they want to sent it to a garage for repair only one place I would send it to and that @msl parts,it was late I had a few beers so told them we will sort it today
Oh no Michael, that looks nasty. 😭 Hope its repairable, but won't be easy or cheap
 
That would be a write off through insurance but a very expensive repair for the neighbours to cover themselves. I think I'd insist on insurance. Hope you get it sorted without too much aggro.
 
View attachment 121376neighbours son decided to pay my van a visit late yesterday, mom and dad don't want to go through insurance due to his age they want to sent it to a garage for repair only one place I would send it to and that @msl parts,it was late I had a few beers so told them we will sort it today
Looks like your neighbours will be buying you a new van …. That rear quarter looks cooked !

Fingers crossed it all works out for you 🤞
 
View attachment 121376neighbours son decided to pay my van a visit late yesterday, mom and dad don't want to go through insurance due to his age they want to sent it to a garage for repair only one place I would send it to and that @msl parts,it was late I had a few beers so told them we will sort it today
There would be a lot of work and a lot of money involved to put that right , it’s hard when it’s friends or family involved etc and you think twice when you have invested in specific parts etc but as mentioned, I think insurance is the way , see what they come up with and ask about buying back etc , at least then you can weigh up all odds etc
 
Back
Top