• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

    You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

    Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

    Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

What have you done to your Elgrand today?

Cleaned it inside & out...inside for the first time in 18 month...😬.

P.S.

How does this snow foam malarkey work?

I have a bosch pressure washer with an attachment. The 5 litre product says 100 washes.

I filled the vessel with & without dilution and everything in-between, and it just ran out quickly every time.
 
Cleaned it inside & out...inside for the first time in 18 month...😬.

P.S.

How does this snow foam malarkey work?

I have a bosch pressure washer with an attachment. The 5 litre product says 100 washes.

I filled the vessel with & without dilution and everything in-between, and it just ran out quickly every time.
Not all canons are good
For best results mix amounts as directed but use hot water ( not boiling) from the tap.
Adjust the nozzle so it virtually has to be forced through
Oh , some foams are just shite to be fair lol
 
Cleaned it inside & out...inside for the first time in 18 month...😬.

P.S.

How does this snow foam malarkey work?

I have a bosch pressure washer with an attachment. The 5 litre product says 100 washes.

I filled the vessel with & without dilution and everything in-between, and it just ran out quickly every time.

Not all canons are good
For best results mix amounts as directed but use hot water ( not boiling) from the tap.
Adjust the nozzle so it virtually has to be forced through
Oh , some foams are just shite to be fair lol
P.s , if your going to use snow foam in hot weather, do yourself a a favour and never let it dry
 
P.s , if your going to use snow foam in hot weather, do yourself a a favour and never let it dry
Cheers.

It's only a small attachment...probably only holds 300ml at most...with no adjustment on it so it comes as it comes really.

I seemed to get some joy...more foam...if I shook to lance around whilst spraying, as though I was using an Uzi!... but I wouldn't say it was thick and certainly didn't cling to the car, but maybe that was because it's not a good product.
 
Cheers.

It's only a small attachment...probably only holds 300ml at most...with no adjustment on it so it comes as it comes really.

I seemed to get some joy...more foam...if I shook to lance around whilst spraying, as though I was using an Uzi!... but I wouldn't say it was thick and certainly didn't cling to the car, but maybe that was because it's not a good product.
For £30 delivered, You cannot really go wrong with a set like this - Aliexpress quick release set
There are versions available for the most common pressure washer connectors.
The clear bottle looks pretty brittle but I haven't used it and instead bought three opaque bottles with lids like this - https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005006637228193.html
 
Last edited:
I've made a start on machine polishing the paintwork and although it looks clean enough, it was quite oxidised in places.
I'm not sure how well it is detected onscreen but in places it is really obvious.

OpVXU8Lm.jpg
WyAM9VAm.jpg
 
I've made a start on machine polishing the paintwork and although it looks clean enough, it was quite oxidised in places.
I'm not sure how well it is detected onscreen but in places it is really obvious.

OpVXU8Lm.jpg
WyAM9VAm.jpg

Looking good mate!
Machine polisher works great on the rear light bars as well if you haven't already done it! :p
 
Looking good mate!
Machine polisher works great on the rear light bars as well if you haven't already done it! :p
Out of the plastic parts, the biggest improvement was the wind deflectors on the front windows as these were bad, again likely from car wash brushes. Look almost like new now.
 
This is what Ellie looks like now. It will look a whole lot different next week after the magician aka @Winchester has fitted the Nismo body kit, which if you remember is necessary for safety reasons, should the current Mrs Craig ask. I had a lovely drive to Brighton to drop my old wheels off and then a couple of hours heading west to Aleresford. We do live in a lovely country, don’t we?

IMG_4390.jpegIMG_4389.jpegIMG_4388.jpegIMG_4387.jpeg
 
Back
Top