• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

What have you done to your Elgrand today?

Elgrand turned 270,000km!
Got a compliment from some lads "Mooi bus"!
Two VW Transporters tried to challenge me off the lights! :p
Managed to kerb one of my rear wheels! :sob:
100k km more than mine. That's amazing....not so much the wheel kerbing though....is it bad?

I like the auto dip function on the mirrors but the noise was terrifying so I kept it off 99% of the time. Today, I moved the mirrors to the max of their travel in all four directions and liberally sprayed PTFE lube all around, in and out poking it about until it ran out the bottom……and all down the doors.
Now they run silently, I’ll try to avoid spraying water in there when cleaning and I’ll see how long it lasts.
I didn’t want to take apart because something would have snapped and with WD40 brand PTFE being clear, it doesn’t leave much of a mess.

I like the auto dip function on the mirrors but the noise was terrifying so I kept it off 99% of the time. Today, I moved the mirrors to the max of their travel in all four directions and liberally sprayed PTFE lube all around, in and out poking it about until it ran out the bottom……and all down the doors.
Now they run silently, I’ll try to avoid spraying water in there when cleaning and I’ll see how long it lasts.
I didn’t want to take apart because something would have snapped and with WD40 brand PTFE being clear, it doesn’t leave much of a mess.
Might try that myself...they make a right racket

Elgrand turned 270,000km!
Got a compliment from some lads "Mooi bus"!
Two VW Transporters tried to challenge me off the lights! :p
Managed to kerb one of my rear wheels! :sob:

Congrats on the km and VW challenge!

Mine passed 155,555km yesterday, which was a quiet celebration on my part as I saw it happen 😅

Did a bit more fettling on the kitchen unit, added a 300W inverter, wired in the Firestick and sat in the back with a can of lager and watched the latest "Clarksons Farm" on the drop down screen. Stood in the street and just looked at the brute as the sun went down. Fckin 😍 my Elgrand....

Took Kami out for the first proper camp out of the year, couple of nights in Llantwit Major. Really lucky to have picked the Saturday as the weather was amazing ☀️☀️☀️. Perfect for a walk down to the coast path, managed to get a bit sunburned! I'm out of practice as my legs still ache today from walking 😆. Supposed to be dry this week so planning to give her a much-needed full-day wash and polish in the week, so I'll be aching again after that 😂.IMG-20240505-WA0001~2.jpgIMG_20240504_141746643.jpg

Back