• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

What have you done to your Elgrand today?

I was still having wiper squeak issues, so I decided to lubricate the linkages, and polish and wax the screen.

While there I also sorted the corrosion that was appearing under the windscreen.

1000036138.jpg

1000036146.jpg

1000036155.jpg

1000036158.jpg

It ain't a pretty finish, but a practical one as it's hidden and I only had 2hrs to do it.

I would like to spray the wiper arms soon to tart them up.

At least the Squeak has gone .... for now

20240503094830_IMG_0614.JPG

I decided to put the screens in around the back windows, to stop prying eyes with it being parked on a busy street. Having them black side facing out, makes it look like the windows are super tinted.

20240503095856_IMG_0621.JPG

After unloading everything, moving the drivers seat back and finding the stupid clip that was stopping the old floor mat from being released, I have now fitted the new one.

So after my night shift, this morning I was busy fitting the seat covers I got from eBay, did a make shift fix of the radiator support bung thing and decided to fix the sliding door lock/unlock problem I've had for years which has bugged me as have had to check that the sliding door is locked every time I lock it. Still probably be in the habit to check it's locked. 🤣

Seat covers
20240503_093220.jpg

Radiator support bung

20240502_110043.jpg

Now to find a colour match paint for my alloys. I fettled the big kerb scratches out of it and treated it. Just need to find the right colour now. That's for another day. These vans sure keep you busy. 😄

Finishing off the bed today.

Attachments

• IMG_8259.jpeg
    IMG_8259.jpeg
    504.1 KB · Views: 39
  • IMG_8258.jpeg
    IMG_8258.jpeg
    367.1 KB · Views: 44
  • IMG_8257.jpeg
    IMG_8257.jpeg
    774.2 KB · Views: 45
  • IMG_8256.jpeg
    IMG_8256.jpeg
    381.1 KB · Views: 46
  • IMG_8255.jpeg
    IMG_8255.jpeg
    621.3 KB · Views: 39
  • IMG_8254.jpeg
    IMG_8254.jpeg
    624.2 KB · Views: 46
That is so well thought out, I love the way it uses the middle row of seats. A perfect fit and easily removed to use it as a normal people carrier. Looking forward to seeing more. 😍

That is so well thought out, I love the way it uses the middle row of seats. A perfect fit and easily removed to use it as a normal people carrier. Looking forward to seeing more. 😍
Thanks! The reason I bought an Elgrand was that I need a vehicle for the summer that I can use playing drums at festivals. I needed 4 wheel drive & plenty of space (plus I like my luxury vehicles)!

I didn’t want to have to remove the back seats or the middle ones but wanted a 2.00 metre long bed that would be easy to make up at the end of a night.

The idea of the two separate flaps is that if I’m by myself (the wife will come to some of the bigger festivals) I will only need to rotate one of the centre seats. Plus, I have loads of storage under the bed for my drum paraphernalia, power station and fridge etc.

It’s robust enough that it should cope with the rigours of camping but also light enough that two people can easily lift it in and out.

Also, I’ve made the upright supports hinged so that when it’s out of the vehicle and in the garage, the whole bed will be completely flat and not take up too much space

I’ve got 3 custom 10cm memory foam mattresses on order so hopefully it should be completed in a couple of weeks 🤞

Last edited:
Thanks! The reason I bought an Elgrand was that I need a vehicle for the summer that I can use playing drums at festivals. I needed 4 wheel drive & plenty of space (plus I like my luxury vehicles)!

I didn’t want to have to remove the back seats or the middle ones but wanted a 2.00 metre long bed that would be easy to make up at the end of a night.

The idea of the two separate flaps is that if I’m by myself (the wife will come to some of the bigger festivals) I will only need to rotate one of the centre seats. Plus, I have loads of storage under the bed for my drum paraphernalia, power station and fridge etc.

It’s robust enough that it should cope with the rigours of camping but also light enough that two people can easily lift it in and out.

I’ve got 3 custom 10cm memory foam mattresses on order so hopefully it should be completed in a couple of weeks 🤞
Sounds perfect, and I love the idea that it converts back so easily. A lot of the benefits of a camper, and at festivals there are places to buy food and drink, plus showers and some even have posh toilets too, so you don't need the other space eating fixtures that you can't remove.

Also, I’ve made the upright supports hinged so that when it’s out of the vehicle and in the garage, the whole bed will be completely flat and not take up too much space

Looks great Chris, some nice carpentry there mate! :heart_eyes:

Not so much as done today, but noticed today.

Why is it the passenger camera shows the front side of the van, around d the wheel area, but when it's in 360 mode it shows a vertical view.

Does it move?
It obtains the 360 mode by a mathematical area called 'Laplace Transforms'. It essentially takes an image of the sides/back/front camera, does some mathematical conjuring tricks (via Laplace Transforms) and it produces the 360 image.
I did Laplace Transforms in a year 2 uni module called Mathematical Methods. They are typical used in engineering applications, but of course, it all stems from beautiful maths

If you're in a band playing festivals, you'll need that bed for all the groupies :)

Gave it a wash with Garage Therapy /one V2 car shampoo. Easily the best shampoo I've ever used.
Did the wheels with AutoFinesse Revolution.
Took the dog for a spin.
Might take her for a camp later. Not sure.

New rear boots and an alignment check on the old girl today. Rear is 1 degree out of camber and fronts were bang on
1000005780.jpg

Got the paint pen out and also gave the oil a top up. Used about 300ml in 2500km. Not too sure if that's average or not?
1000005779.jpg

Ali Express sticky back fabric arrived. Tested it on the switch housings as they were tired and faded. It's very unforgiving and frays easily. I won't use it to wrap the front screen and dials like intended.
1000005781.jpg1000005786.jpg

It obtains the 360 mode by a mathematical area called 'Laplace Transforms'. It essentially takes an image of the sides/back/front camera, does some mathematical conjuring tricks (via Laplace Transforms) and it produces the 360 image.
I did Laplace Transforms in a year 2 uni module called Mathematical Methods. They are typical used in engineering applications, but of course, it all stems from beautiful maths

I knew that all along...😉

Just done headlight restoration.didnt use any sandpaper, just got some compound and polishing compound and used a drill attachment. Think its ok, dont know if it ever will be like brandnew. Used a polish resin thing after for the sealant. It was one of those cheap AliExpress ones.

Back