• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

What have you done to your Elgrand today?

image0.jpg

image1-1.jpg

So after the subframe issue , finally done the rocker cover gaskets and spark plug along with some suspension bushes. The job was a pig but now no more burning oil on the exhaust.
Can't get the pictures bigger... :(, Done it :)

Finally got round to fitting the Autostrada Cruise control I bought from Australia. Very long time since I did any soldering so a little apprehensive ( though not as much as when removing the airbag! ) but it seems to have worked. Did the diagnostic test and it all was ok then went for a short drive - and it works. I shall relish the average speed camera section on the M5 now !! Looks good with the factory steering wheel controls.

Yesterday I replaced the rear brake discs and pads, to go with the front ones I did a couple of weeks ago. Next project is to replace the stereo that the previous owner had fitted, ( i think he got it from a cornflake packet or Christmas cracker) It is so good it doesn't even have a name on it ! It has DVD but it only plays on it's own screen, a satnav that only works from a SD card and only if you have the radio on so you can't hear what it says! How you would ever update the info i have no idea. It only appears to work on the passenger door speaker and the steering wheel controls don't work !! I don't know how many speakers the E51 has, but i guess i am about to find out. :(

So yesterday I got round to washing the Elgrand . I've been putting this off for a few weeks because of something that happened on the way back from the Vets in Thirsk. Basically I had scuffed a rimblade on one of the back alloys some weeks ago. So doing 70 mph I heard a clattering from the back of the Elgrand which was steadily getting louder. I managed to pull over after about a minute. I got out and noticed the rimblade was 3/4 off. Bad news was it had whipped the f**k out of the back quarter leaving loads of marks on the paint work 😭😭😭. So yesterday I wash and waxed it and there is no lasting damage. Moral of the story is if you damage a alloy protector either replace it or remove it. I had fitted the Rimblade lites in black that I don't think you can get now. I've ordered a full set of a different make. Bit of a lucky escape 😬

Just finished fitting new rear pads.and adjusted the hand/foot brake..Good job as I found drivers side caliper fixing bolts loose ....they ain't loose now it's great when I can get in in the garage with light and power

Not so much as done today, but noticed today.

Why is it the passenger camera shows the front side of the van, around d the wheel area, but when it's in 360 mode it shows a vertical view.

Does it move?

Back